* [Qemu-devel] virtfs / 9p - and "Permission denied" in guests
@ 2016-09-02 12:39 lejeczek
From: lejeczek @ 2016-09-02 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

hi devel, sorry to bother you but tried "users" without any
luck and am hoping to get some help here.

I'm trying to passthrough host's filesystem, first time but
a pretty regular setup, and guests mount that mount tag, I
can list in a guest mountpoint's content, I see files & dirs
but  when I try to add/create/remove content in the
mountpoint then it gets denied:

$ touch DDD
touch: setting times of `DDD': No such file or directory

in libvirt:

     <filesystem type='mount' accessmode='passthrough'>
       <source
dir='/__.aLocalStorages/2/__.home.usersSecondHome'/>
       <target dir='__.x.USERs.SECOND_HOME'/>
       <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00'
slot='0x09' function='0x0'/>
     </filesystem>

I believe I fished out all SE denials and logs are not clear
of any sealerts.
I suggests "time" but time seems in sync between host and guest.
Would you have some suggestions how to troubleshoot?
many thanks.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] virtfs / 9p - and "Permission denied" in guests
@ 2016-09-02 14:07 ` Greg Kurz
From: Greg Kurz @ 2016-09-02 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lejeczek; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 13:39:05 +0100
lejeczek <peljasz@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> hi devel, sorry to bother you but tried "users" without any
> luck and am hoping to get some help here.

Hi,

I wasn't a subscriber to qemu-discuss but now I am :)

I suggest we continue the discussion there.

Cheers.

--
Greg

* Re: [Qemu-devel] virtfs / 9p - and "Permission denied" in guests
@ 2016-09-02 14:41   ` lejeczek
From: lejeczek @ 2016-09-02 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kurz; +Cc: qemu-devel

was I not a subscriber.
Sometimes I see something peculiar - to some mailing list I
subscribed to if I send a message I do not receive it,
basically I do not receive my own  messages but I see
people's replies to it.
I wonder if this mailing list got my message last time.

@ 2016-09-02 14:48     ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2016-09-02 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lejeczek; +Cc: Greg Kurz, QEMU Developers

On 2 September 2016 at 15:41, lejeczek <peljasz@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Sometimes I see something peculiar - to some mailing list I subscribed to if
> I send a message I do not receive it, basically I do not receive my own
> messages but I see people's replies to it.
> I wonder if this mailing list got my message last time.

This is a per-user mailman configuration option -- you should probably
go into the mailman settings page for your list subscription and
change it.

thanks
-- PMM