* macblame - al alterntive to 'git blame'
@ 2015-03-24  7:07 Shenbaga Prasanna S
From: Shenbaga Prasanna S @ 2015-03-24  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

https://rubygems.org/gems/macblame/

check this out.. and you can also contribute to the developement at,

https://github.com/praserocking/macblame-gem
or
https://github.com/praserocking/macblame
..
hope this tool will be helpful to you all!

Thanks,
Prasanna

* Re: macblame - al alterntive to 'git blame'
@ 2015-03-24  8:18 ` Duy Nguyen
From: Duy Nguyen @ 2015-03-24  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 2:07 PM, Shenbaga Prasanna S
<prasanna.s@freshdesk.com> wrote:
> https://rubygems.org/gems/macblame/
>
> check this out.. and you can also contribute to the developement at,
>
> https://github.com/praserocking/macblame-gem
> or
> https://github.com/praserocking/macblame
> ..
> hope this tool will be helpful to you all!

It would help if you pasted a sample output to see what it looks like.
Although macblame script says "macblame shows stats about the files
tracked by git. It uses the output of 'git blame' and summarize it in
a cleaner and intuitive format" so it's not really an alternative to
git-blame (you can't "blame" anybody by line with this). This is more
like "git blame --stat" (if that option existed)
--
Duy

* Re: macblame - al alterntive to 'git blame'
@ 2015-03-24 14:10   ` Shenbaga Prasanna
From: Shenbaga Prasanna @ 2015-03-24 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

sample output..

for file Gemfile..
Contributor: Prasanna with 93.75 % contribution with 30 lines of code
Contributor: h4r1sh with 6.25 % contribution with 2 lines of code

and I built this tool by pipelining the output produced by 'git blame'
and we use this tool for our internal purposes in our organisation
where some files are edited by some 15 people and this will tell us
whom to catch if that files run into any problems (assuming largest
contributor knows what this file is upto).

Thanks,
Prasanna