* [Buildroot]  Relocatable staging dir and reference to build dir
@ 2017-01-05 15:32 Jérôme BARDON
From: Jérôme BARDON @ 2017-01-05 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello all,

Our need is to relocate the staging dir for developers (and automatic
bulld by Jenkins).
We found that there are absolute paths in the staging tree config
files for libs and also references to the bulld dir.
Is there a way to have relative paths in .la and pkgconfig files? Or
another mean to change absolute paths?

J?r?me Bardon
Aviwest

* [Buildroot] Relocatable staging dir and reference to build dir
@ 2017-01-17 22:35 ` Arnout Vandecappelle
From: Arnout Vandecappelle @ 2017-01-17 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 05-01-17 16:32, J?r?me BARDON wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Our need is to relocate the staging dir for developers (and automatic
> bulld by Jenkins).

 Sorry for the late reply, and it isn't even positive.

 No, at the moment, the staging tree is not relocatable. See [1] ("Make the HOST
directory a relocatable SDK") for details of what needs to be done. Several
patches have been posted on the mailing list to progress in that direction, but
it wasn't finished yet.

> We found that there are absolute paths in the staging tree config
> files for libs and also references to the bulld dir.
> Is there a way to have relative paths in .la and pkgconfig files? Or
> another mean to change absolute paths?

 For .la and .pc files it should be relatively straightforward to postprocess
them to convert to relative paths (using -L=/... and -I=/... to make them
relative to the sysroot). Actually, the .pc files should already be "clean",
except for a few buggy Xorg files IIRC.

 Regards,
 Arnout

[1] http://elinux.org/Buildroot#Core_Buildroot_infrastructure