* issues with fetching git repos from git.ti.com
@ 2020-01-10 20:38 Theodore A. Roth
From: Theodore A. Roth @ 2020-01-10 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-ti

We're using the meta-ti layer in our yocto builds and all this week
we've been having accessibility issues when fetching the u-boot and
linux kernel git repos from git.ti.com. Seeing these errors:

    fatal: unable to connect to git.ti.com:
    git.ti.com[0: 198.47.28.208]: errno=Connection timed out

Seems to be worse in our New Zealand offices than in the Colorado US
offices, but not having much luck today in the US.

We tried to set `UBOOT_GIT_PROTOCOL` to `https` in our bbappend files,
which helped initially, but isn't helping much today.

Is there a mirror we can use until this server accessibility improves?

Ted Roth

* Re: [meta-ti] issues with fetching git repos from git.ti.com
@ 2020-01-10 21:15 ` William Mills
From: William Mills @ 2020-01-10 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodore A. Roth, meta-ti

Hi Ted

On 1/10/20 3:38 PM, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
> We're using the meta-ti layer in our yocto builds and all this week
> we've been having accessibility issues when fetching the u-boot and
> linux kernel git repos from git.ti.com. Seeing these errors:
>
>     fatal: unable to connect to git.ti.com:
>     git.ti.com[0: 198.47.28.208]: errno=Connection timed out
>
> Seems to be worse in our New Zealand offices than in the Colorado US
> offices, but not having much luck today in the US.

Thanks for the issue report.
I have fwd your message to the internal team that runs that server.

I tried git protocol from inside the TI network, from Maryland
residential connection, and from the Virgina AWS data center and all
worked OK. (I only tried once each not 10's of times.)

Could it be a DNS issue local to your company?
Anything else that might be common to Colorado and New Zealand?

> We tried to set `UBOOT_GIT_PROTOCOL` to `https` in our bbappend files,
> which helped initially, but isn't helping much today.
>
> Is there a mirror we can use until this server accessibility improves?

I don't know of any (full) public mirror of the kernel and u-boot repos.

-- Bill

@ 2020-01-10 21:35   ` Theodore A. Roth
From: Theodore A. Roth @ 2020-01-10 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Mills; +Cc: meta-ti

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 2:15 PM William Mills <wmills@ti.com> wrote:

> Hi Ted
>
> On 1/10/20 3:38 PM, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
> > We're using the meta-ti layer in our yocto builds and all this week
> > we've been having accessibility issues when fetching the u-boot and
> > linux kernel git repos from git.ti.com. Seeing these errors:
> >
> >     fatal: unable to connect to git.ti.com:
> >     git.ti.com[0: 198.47.28.208]: errno=Connection timed out
> >
> > Seems to be worse in our New Zealand offices than in the Colorado US
> > offices, but not having much luck today in the US.
> >

> Thanks for the issue report.
> I have fwd your message to the internal team that runs that server.
>
> I tried git protocol from inside the TI network, from Maryland
> residential connection, and from the Virgina AWS data center and all
> worked OK. (I only tried once each not 10's of times.)
>
> Could it be a DNS issue local to your company?

I don't think so since I'm currently testing from home (outside of
company network
via Comcast ISP) and seeing the same issues.

> Anything else that might be common to Colorado and New Zealand?

Nothing that I can think of.

One difference we looked into is that the NZ site blocks port 9418,
but are using a
git proxy to work around that. SInce I'm seeing the same problem in
the US on corp
network and my home network (neither network is blocking 9418 port), I
don't think
the proxy is the problem.

Also, in my testing, the problem seems to manifest more often when using bitbake
to fetch the repo versus just running a git clone from the command
line directly.

> > We tried to set `UBOOT_GIT_PROTOCOL` to `https` in our bbappend files,
> > which helped initially, but isn't helping much today.
> >
> > Is there a mirror we can use until this server accessibility improves?
> >

> I don't know of any (full) public mirror of the kernel and u-boot repos.

Ok, thanks for the info and for passing this on.

Ted Roth

* Re: issues with fetching git repos from git.ti.com
@ 2020-01-13  9:25     ` linus.brandett
From: linus.brandett @ 2020-01-13  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-ti

I dont want to hijack this thread but just to say that I have the same problem and Im located in Sweden.

fatal: unable to connect to git.ti.com:
git.ti.com[0: 198.47.28.207]: errno=Connection timed out

Running git from terminal usually works better but not always.

Its only TIs git servers thats causing problems, others work fine.

/Linus

* Re: [meta-ti] issues with fetching git repos from git.ti.com
@ 2020-02-24 20:38       ` Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2020-02-24 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-ti

This happens pretty often for me, for example today:

    Cloning into bare repository
'/b/Sancloud/agl-master/demo-vayu/downloads/git2/git.ti.com.ivimm.ipumm.git'...
    fatal: unable to connect to git.ti.com:
    git.ti.com[0: 198.47.28.207]: errno=Connection timed out

    ERROR: ipumm-fw-3.00.15.00-r5 do_fetch: Fetcher failure for URL:
'git://git.ti.com/ivimm/ipumm.git;protocol=git'. Unable to fetch URL
from any source.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thanks,
Paul

@ 2020-02-25  0:09         ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2020-02-25  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker; +Cc: meta-ti

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 08:38:56PM +0000, Paul Barker wrote:
> This happens pretty often for me, for example today:
>
>     Cloning into bare repository
> '/b/Sancloud/agl-master/demo-vayu/downloads/git2/git.ti.com.ivimm.ipumm.git'...
>     fatal: unable to connect to git.ti.com:
>     git.ti.com[0: 198.47.28.207]: errno=Connection timed out
>
>     ERROR: ipumm-fw-3.00.15.00-r5 do_fetch: Fetcher failure for URL:
> 'git://git.ti.com/ivimm/ipumm.git;protocol=git'. Unable to fetch URL
> from any source.
>
> Is there anything that can be done about this?

Yes, this is being looked at.

Denys