* YPTM minutes
@ 2019-02-05 16:36 sjolley.yp.pm
From: sjolley.yp.pm @ 2019-02-05 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Yocto Technical Team Minutes for Feb. 5, 2019.

Attendees: Armin, David, Joshua, Randy, Tim, Richard G., Stephen, Jan-Simon,
Manjukum, Tracey, Trevor, Nick, Richard P, Mark, Kate, Michael,

YP 2.6.1 was released on Feb. 4, 2019.

YP 2.7 M2 was built and is in QA and is 79% done.  See:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.7_QA_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.7_QA_Status

Armin agreed to add Ubuntu 18.4 to YP 2.6 series and we will use in for YP
2.7

We discussed that the YP 2.6 manual doesn't have an upgrading to YP 2.6.
Tracey will look into this.

We discussed the status of YP 2.7 upgrades and we are doing OK there.  We
are struggling on new features YP 2.7.  Richard is primarily working to
stabilize the autobuilder to produce an automated QA report to allow QA to
transition from Intel.

Richard discussed maintainers of OE-Core.  AUH is sending requests but not
getting feedback.

Richard discussed that we have issues with some products and need support
from the community to fix.

Tim discussed ptest issues Richard has identified.

Richard asked if there were ideas about how to better communicate with the
community. No specific suggestions.

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Project Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:               <mailto:sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com>
sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com

* Re: YPTM minutes
@ 2019-02-05 18:11 ` Scott Rifenbark
From: Scott Rifenbark @ 2019-02-05 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sjolley.yp.pm; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 8:37 AM <sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com> wrote:

> *Yocto Technical Team Minutes for Feb. 5, 2019.*
>

> Attendees: Armin, David, Joshua, Randy, Tim, Richard G., Stephen,
> Jan-Simon, Manjukum, Tracey, Trevor, Nick, Richard P, Mark, Kate, Michael,
>

> YP 2.6.1 was released on Feb. 4, 2019.
>
> YP 2.7 M2 was built and is in QA and is 79% done.  See:
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.7_QA_Status
>

> Armin agreed to add Ubuntu 18.4 to YP 2.6 series and we will use in for YP
> 2.7
>
> We discussed that the YP 2.6 manual doesn’t have an upgrading to YP 2.6.
> Tracey will look into this.

Can I get some clarification on this.  Ubuntu 18.04 seems to be an LTS.  I
don't have "LTS" listed in the 2.6 ref-manual (
https://yoctoproject.org/docs/2.6/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#detailed-supported-distros)
but do have Ubuntu 18.04 listed as a supported distro.  What is meant by
"... the YP 2.6 manual doesn't have an upgrading to YP 2.6."?  - Thanks
Scott

> We discussed the status of YP 2.7 upgrades and we are doing OK there.  We
> are struggling on new features YP 2.7.  Richard is primarily working to
> stabilize the autobuilder to produce an automated QA report to allow QA to
> transition from Intel.
>

> Richard discussed maintainers of OE-Core.  AUH is sending requests but not
> getting feedback.
>

> Richard discussed that we have issues with some products and need support
> from the community to fix.
>

> Tim discussed ptest issues Richard has identified.
>

> Richard asked if there were ideas about how to better communicate with the
> community. No specific suggestions.
>

> Thanks,
>

> *Stephen K. Jolley*
>
> *Yocto Project Project Manager*
>
> (    *Cell*:                (208) 244-4460
>
> * *Email*:              *sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com
> <sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com>*

* Re: YPTM minutes
@ 2019-02-05 18:24   ` Joshua Watt
From: Joshua Watt @ 2019-02-05 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Rifenbark, sjolley.yp.pm; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On Tue, 2019-02-05 at 10:11 -0800, Scott Rifenbark wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 8:37 AM <sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yocto Technical Team Minutes for Feb. 5, 2019.
> >
> > Attendees: Armin, David, Joshua, Randy, Tim, Richard G., Stephen,
> > Jan-Simon, Manjukum, Tracey, Trevor, Nick, Richard P, Mark, Kate,
> > Michael,
> >
> > YP 2.6.1 was released on Feb. 4, 2019.
> > YP 2.7 M2 was built and is in QA and is 79% done.  See:
> > https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.7_QA_Status
> >
> > Armin agreed to add Ubuntu 18.4 to YP 2.6 series and we will use in
> > for YP 2.7
> > We discussed that the YP 2.6 manual doesn’t have an upgrading to YP
> > 2.6.  Tracey will look into this.
>
> Can I get some clarification on this.  Ubuntu 18.04 seems to be an
> LTS.  I don't have "LTS" listed in the 2.6 ref-manual (
> https://yoctoproject.org/docs/2.6/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#detailed-supported-distros
> ) but do have Ubuntu 18.04 listed as a supported distro.  What is
> meant by "... the YP 2.6 manual doesn't have an upgrading to YP
> 2.6."?  - Thanks Scott

I think there is a little confusion here. There are actually 2 issues:
 1) The Yocto 2.6 manual doesn't have the "Moving to the Yocto Project
2.6 Release" section to describe the changes that have been made from
2.5 -> 2.6 (
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.6/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#moving-to-the-yocto-project-2.5-release
). Oddly, this section *is* present in the "latest" mega manual.
 2) The second (unrelated) issue has to do with reporting 18.04 as a
supported host distro. I'm not as familiar with this one, so I'll let
someone else chime in.

> > We discussed the status of YP 2.7 upgrades and we are doing OK
> > there.  We are struggling on new features YP 2.7.  Richard is
> > primarily working to stabilize the autobuilder to produce an
> > automated QA report to allow QA to transition from Intel.
> >
> > Richard discussed maintainers of OE-Core.  AUH is sending requests
> > but not getting feedback.
> >
> > Richard discussed that we have issues with some products and need
> > support from the community to fix.
> >
> > Tim discussed ptest issues Richard has identified.
> >
> > Richard asked if there were ideas about how to better communicate
> > with the community. No specific suggestions.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Stephen K. Jolley
> > Yocto Project Project Manager
> > (    Cell:                (208) 244-4460
> > * Email:              sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com
> >  --

Joshua Watt <JPEWhacker@gmail.com>

* Re: YPTM minutes
@ 2019-02-05 19:00     ` Scott Rifenbark
From: Scott Rifenbark @ 2019-02-05 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Watt; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 10:24 AM Joshua Watt <jpewhacker@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2019-02-05 at 10:11 -0800, Scott Rifenbark wrote:
>

> On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 8:37 AM <sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> *Yocto Technical Team Minutes for Feb. 5, 2019.*
>

> Attendees: Armin, David, Joshua, Randy, Tim, Richard G., Stephen,
> Jan-Simon, Manjukum, Tracey, Trevor, Nick, Richard P, Mark, Kate, Michael,
>

> YP 2.6.1 was released on Feb. 4, 2019.
>
> YP 2.7 M2 was built and is in QA and is 79% done.  See:
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.7_QA_Status
>

> Armin agreed to add Ubuntu 18.4 to YP 2.6 series and we will use in for YP
> 2.7
>
> We discussed that the YP 2.6 manual doesn’t have an upgrading to YP 2.6.
> Tracey will look into this.
>

> Can I get some clarification on this.  Ubuntu 18.04 seems to be an LTS.  I
> don't have "LTS" listed in the 2.6 ref-manual (
> https://yoctoproject.org/docs/2.6/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#detailed-supported-distros)
> but do have Ubuntu 18.04 listed as a supported distro.  What is meant by
> "... the YP 2.6 manual doesn't have an upgrading to YP 2.6."?  - Thanks
> Scott
>

> I think there is a little confusion here. There are actually 2 issues:
>
> 1) The Yocto 2.6 manual doesn't have the "Moving to the Yocto Project 2.6
> Release" section to describe the changes that have been made from 2.5 ->
> 2.6 (
> https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.6/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#moving-to-the-yocto-project-2.5-release).
> Oddly, this section *is* present in the "latest" mega manual.

I think I know what happened here.  The tip of "thud" has the section on
migrating to YP 2.6.  However, as pointed out, the published 2.6 manual
does not have it.  During a release, docs lag behind software and
everything else that gets locked down.  I wrote that section for the 2.6
release of the manuals.  Likely, some important fix had to be back-ported
to the manuals post-release and I probably was working from a cloned thud
repo that was checked out on the tag "Yocto-2.6", which is earlier than the
commits for that section.  So, when I rebuilt manuals post-release for
various reasons, it was not included.  I can fix that for the 2.6 version
of the manual.  It is already present in the newly released 2.6.1 version
of the manual.  This problem is ongoing with the docs.  I just recently
have come up with a work-around for these types of situations.  I am now
keeping a local area of changed doc source files per-release for released
manuals.  That way, in the future, I can checkout a release by tag, make
any special changes, and then populate the local repo with the previously
changed files.  Rebuilding then produces manuals with all the one-off
changes that have occurred. - Thanks for the clarification Joshua.

@ 2019-02-05 21:05     ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2019-02-05 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Watt, Scott Rifenbark, sjolley.yp.pm; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On 2/5/19 10:24 AM, Joshua Watt wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-02-05 at 10:11 -0800, Scott Rifenbark wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 8:37 AM <sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com
>> <mailto:sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> *Yocto Technical Team Minutes for Feb. 5, 2019.*
>>>

>>> Attendees: Armin, David, Joshua, Randy, Tim, Richard G., Stephen,
>>> Jan-Simon, Manjukum, Tracey, Trevor, Nick, Richard P, Mark, Kate,
>>> Michael,
>>>

>>> YP 2.6.1 was released on Feb. 4, 2019.
>>>
>>> YP 2.7 M2 was built and is in QA and is 79% done.  See:
>>> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.7_QA_Status
>>>

>>> Armin agreed to add Ubuntu 18.4 to YP 2.6 series and we will use in
>>> for YP 2.7
>>>
>>> We discussed that the YP 2.6 manual doesn’t have an upgrading to YP
>>> 2.6.  Tracey will look into this.
>>>

>> Can I get some clarification on this.  Ubuntu 18.04 seems to be an
>> LTS.  I don't have "LTS" listed in the 2.6 ref-manual
>> (https://yoctoproject.org/docs/2.6/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#detailed-supported-distros)
>> but do have Ubuntu 18.04 listed as a supported distro.  What is meant
>> by "... the YP 2.6 manual doesn't have an upgrading to YP 2.6."?  -
>> Thanks Scott
>
> I think there is a little confusion here. There are actually 2 issues:
>
> 1) The Yocto 2.6 manual doesn't have the "Moving to the Yocto Project
> 2.6 Release" section to describe the changes that have been made from
> 2.5 -> 2.6
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.6/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#moving-to-the-yocto-project-2.5-release).
> Oddly, this section *is* present in the "latest" mega manual.
>
> 2) The second (unrelated) issue has to do with reporting 18.04 as a
> supported host distro. I'm not as familiar with this one, so I'll let
> someone else chime in.

This is in thud-next:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/meta-poky/conf/distro/poky.conf?h=thud-next&id=263cf203bd363a6b9d58524ff5862d23c76e6390

Once I get sumo stabilized, the same will be validated and back ported.

- armin

>>> We discussed the status of YP 2.7 upgrades and we are doing OK
>>> there.  We are struggling on new features YP 2.7.  Richard is
>>> primarily working to stabilize the autobuilder to produce an
>>> automated QA report to allow QA to transition from Intel.
>>>

>>> Richard discussed maintainers of OE-Core.  AUH is sending requests
>>> but not getting feedback.
>>>

>>> Richard discussed that we have issues with some products and need
>>> support from the community to fix.
>>>

>>> Tim discussed ptest issues Richard has identified.
>>>

>>> Richard asked if there were ideas about how to better communicate
>>> with the community. No specific suggestions.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> */Stephen K. Jolley/**//*
>>>
>>> *Yocto Project Project Manager*
>>>
>>> (    *Cell*:                (208) 244-4460
>>>
>>> * *Email*:              _sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com
>>> <mailto:sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com>_
>>>

>>> --
> Joshua Watt <JPEWhacker@gmail.com <mailto:JPEWhacker@gmail.com>>

* Re: YPTM minutes
@ 2019-02-05 21:56       ` Scott Rifenbark
From: Scott Rifenbark @ 2019-02-05 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster808; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 1:05 PM akuster808 <akuster808@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/5/19 10:24 AM, Joshua Watt wrote:
>
> On Tue, 2019-02-05 at 10:11 -0800, Scott Rifenbark wrote:
>

> On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 8:37 AM <sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> *Yocto Technical Team Minutes for Feb. 5, 2019.*
>

> Attendees: Armin, David, Joshua, Randy, Tim, Richard G., Stephen,
> Jan-Simon, Manjukum, Tracey, Trevor, Nick, Richard P, Mark, Kate, Michael,
>

> YP 2.6.1 was released on Feb. 4, 2019.
>
> YP 2.7 M2 was built and is in QA and is 79% done.  See:
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.7_QA_Status
>

> Armin agreed to add Ubuntu 18.4 to YP 2.6 series and we will use in for YP
> 2.7
>
> We discussed that the YP 2.6 manual doesn’t have an upgrading to YP 2.6.
> Tracey will look into this.
>

> Can I get some clarification on this.  Ubuntu 18.04 seems to be an LTS.  I
> don't have "LTS" listed in the 2.6 ref-manual (
> https://yoctoproject.org/docs/2.6/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#detailed-supported-distros)
> but do have Ubuntu 18.04 listed as a supported distro.  What is meant by
> "... the YP 2.6 manual doesn't have an upgrading to YP 2.6."?  - Thanks
> Scott
>

> I think there is a little confusion here. There are actually 2 issues:
>
> 1) The Yocto 2.6 manual doesn't have the "Moving to the Yocto Project 2.6
> Release" section to describe the changes that have been made from 2.5 ->
> 2.6 (
> https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.6/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#moving-to-the-yocto-project-2.5-release).
> Oddly, this section *is* present in the "latest" mega manual.
>
> 2) The second (unrelated) issue has to do with reporting 18.04 as a
> supported host distro. I'm not as familiar with this one, so I'll let
> someone else chime in.
>

> This is in thud-next:
>

> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/meta-poky/conf/distro/poky.conf?h=thud-next&id=263cf203bd363a6b9d58524ff5862d23c76e6390
>
> Once I get sumo stabilized, the same will be validated and back ported.

Once poky.conf is legit for a release, I have a script that extracts these
repos out and that is what I use for the manuals.
Thanks

@ 2019-04-02 15:50 sjolley.yp.pm
From: sjolley.yp.pm @ 2019-04-02 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Attendees: Stephen, Joshua, Alex, Jon, Randy, Richard, Michael, David,
Bruce, Shawn, Jaewon, Manjukum, Tracey, Chris, Tim, Chandana, Aitronics,
Paul, Tomas, Ross,

YP 2.7 M3 rc1 is out of QA.  The YP 2.7 M3 rc1 report is summarized at
<https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2019-April/044667.html>
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2019-April/044667.html and
the results are at
<https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/releases/yocto-2.7_M3.rc1/testresults/>
https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/releases/yocto-2.7_M3.rc1/testresults/.

YP 2.5.3 and YP 2.6.2 stable releases were built and submitted to QA last
week.

We discuss the YP 2.8 Ideas document at:
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CNEKA4d0eT6-e0hnS2pwi7xdZ5_t6smpZO2HbaJ
GXbU/>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CNEKA4d0eT6-e0hnS2pwi7xdZ5_t6smpZO2HbaJG
XbU/ - If you wish to edit the file, send a request.

AR: Tim - Add to planning document details about installable images via WIC.

AR: Stephen - Cancel 4/16 engineering meeting and add 4/16 Planning meeting.

@ 2019-03-05 16:39 sjolley.yp.pm
From: sjolley.yp.pm @ 2019-03-05 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto