* Any way to enable automatic package-index if rpms are changed?
@ 2020-04-06  3:09 Joel A Cohen
From: Joel A Cohen @ 2020-04-06  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto list discussion

One of my most frequent annoying mistakes is to forget to run package index.

It would be nice if I could INHERIT += "auto-package-index" or something
like that.

Is there a hook that such a class would easily be able to hook into?

--Aaron

* Re: [yocto] Any way to enable automatic package-index if rpms are changed?
@ 2020-04-06  8:30 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2020-04-06  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel A Cohen; +Cc: Yocto list discussion

Not really, I don’t think bitbake has a way to build a recipe after all
other recipes.

Alex

@ 2020-04-06  9:50 ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2020-04-06  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel A Cohen; +Cc: Yocto list discussion

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 04:09, Joel A Cohen <aaron@assonance.org> wrote:
> One of my most frequent annoying mistakes is to forget to run package index.
>
> It would be nice if I could INHERIT += "auto-package-index" or something like that.
>
> Is there a hook that such a class would easily be able to hook into?

I did start implementing this:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=ross/index

I think it mostly worked but wasn't quite finished.  If you're
interested please do grab those top three patches and give it a go
(INHERIT += "package-index").

Ross