* Emulation of solo key
@ 2021-11-06 10:17 Niraj Sorathiya
From: Niraj Sorathiya @ 2021-11-06 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hello Team,

I really need your suggestions on how I should proceed to build a Solo key
emulator ?  Since I am new to QEMU  , I would like to know how I should do
planing before getting into technical of QEMU

Please find all information about solo key below:

Docs: https://docs.solokeys.io/solo/building/
Firmware: https://github.com/solokeys/solo/
Hardware: https://github.com/solokeys/solo-hw

--

Best Regards,
Niraj

* Re: Emulation of solo key
@ 2021-11-08  7:51 ` Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé @ 2021-11-08  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Niraj Sorathiya, qemu-devel; +Cc: Alexandre Iooss, qemu-arm, Alistair Francis

Hi Niraj,

On 11/6/21 11:17, Niraj Sorathiya wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> I really need your suggestions on how I should proceed to build a
> Solo key emulator ?  Since I am new to QEMU  , I would like to know how
> I should do planing before getting into technical of QEMU
>
> Please find all information about solo key below:
>
> Docs: https://docs.solokeys.io/solo/building/
> <https://docs.solokeys.io/solo/building/>
> Firmware: https://github.com/solokeys/solo/
> <https://github.com/solokeys/solo/>
> Hardware: https://github.com/solokeys/solo-hw
> <https://github.com/solokeys/solo-hw>

Solo is based on the STM32L432 microcontroller.

Currently QEMU only models the STM32F family:
https://qemu-project.gitlab.io/qemu/system/arm/stm32.html

Presumably some core components could be reused for the
STM32L family.

Regards,

Phil.

* Re: Emulation of solo key
@ 2021-11-08 22:36   ` Alistair Francis
From: Alistair Francis @ 2021-11-08 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
  Cc: Alexandre Iooss, Alistair Francis, qemu-arm,
	qemu-devel@nongnu.org Developers, Niraj Sorathiya

On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 5:52 PM Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <f4bug@amsat.org> wrote:

> Hi Niraj,
>
> On 11/6/21 11:17, Niraj Sorathiya wrote:
> > Hello Team,
> >
> > I really need your suggestions on how I should proceed to build a
> > Solo key emulator ?  Since I am new to QEMU  , I would like to know how
> > I should do planing before getting into technical of QEMU
> >
> > Please find all information about solo key below:
> >
> > Docs: https://docs.solokeys.io/solo/building/
> > <https://docs.solokeys.io/solo/building/>
> > Firmware: https://github.com/solokeys/solo/
> > <https://github.com/solokeys/solo/>
> > Hardware: https://github.com/solokeys/solo-hw
> > <https://github.com/solokeys/solo-hw>
>
> Solo is based on the STM32L432 microcontroller.
>
> Currently QEMU only models the STM32F family:
> https://qemu-project.gitlab.io/qemu/system/arm/stm32.html
>
> Presumably some core components could be reused for the
> STM32L family.

Generally STM32 parts share a lot of standard functionality. So I
suspect it would be pretty straightforward to get a STM32L432 up and
running using the existing QEMU devices.

STM32L4: https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32-32-bit-arm-cortex-mcus/stm32-ultra-low-power-mcus/stm32l4-series.html
STM32F4: https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32f4-series.html

That should give you CPU, interrupts, UART (USART), SPI, timers and
probably ADC and sysconfig (I haven't checked the docs to double
check). That would at least be enough to run the firmware and see
signs of life.

It looks like the STM32L432 doesn't have the cyrpto/hash functions, so
that's one less thing to work on.

For full functionality you would probably need to model the USB SoC
(I'm assuming connected via I2C or SPI). You probably want GPIO for
the button as well, I have out of tree support for that as a starting
point (https://github.com/alistair23/qemu/tree/netduinoplus2.dev).
Then any other external ICs, I would assume there is a TRNG involved
somewhere.

Alistair