* RTDM
@ 2021-02-28  0:43 Leandro Bucci
From: Leandro Bucci @ 2021-02-28  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

hello everyone, after installing xenomai on the Raspberry and inserting the
kernel module related to the serial, in the folder / dev / rtdm / I don't
have the rtser0 device.  How is it possible?

* Re: RTDM
@ 2021-02-28  1:22 ` Greg Gallagher
From: Greg Gallagher @ 2021-02-28  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leandro Bucci; +Cc: xenomai

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 7:44 PM Leandro Bucci via Xenomai <
xenomai@xenomai.org> wrote:

> hello everyone, after installing xenomai on the Raspberry and inserting the
> kernel module related to the serial, in the folder / dev / rtdm / I don't
> have the rtser0 device.  How is it possible?

It’s possible that the device isn’t listed or enabled in the device tree or
the device is in use by another driver. If it’s in use by another driver
you’ll have to unbind that driver and then the serial driver should load.
This is all assuming that the device is properly configured in the device
tree.

Thanks

Greg

* Re: RTDM
@ 2021-02-28  9:59   ` Leandro Bucci
From: Leandro Bucci @ 2021-02-28  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Gallagher; +Cc: xenomai

thanks for the reply, I'm a newbie in this field.  So if another device is
already using the Raspberry serial, it is possible that this is the cause
of not having the rtser0 device.  maybe you could help me understand how to
unload the drivers?

Il dom 28 feb 2021, 02:22 Greg Gallagher <greg@embeddedgreg.com> ha scritto:

> On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 7:44 PM Leandro Bucci via Xenomai <
> xenomai@xenomai.org> wrote:
>
>> hello everyone, after installing xenomai on the Raspberry and inserting
>> the
>> kernel module related to the serial, in the folder / dev / rtdm / I don't
>> have the rtser0 device.  How is it possible?
>>
> It’s possible that the device isn’t listed or enabled in the device tree
> or the device is in use by another driver. If it’s in use by another driver
> you’ll have to unbind that driver and then the serial driver should load.
> This is all assuming that the device is properly configured in the device
> tree.
>
> Thanks
>
> Greg

* Re: RTDM
@ 2021-02-28 13:11     ` Greg Gallagher
From: Greg Gallagher @ 2021-02-28 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leandro Bucci; +Cc: xenomai

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 4:59 AM Leandro Bucci <guestleandro11@gmail.com>
wrote:

> thanks for the reply, I'm a newbie in this field.  So if another device is
> already using the Raspberry serial, it is possible that this is the cause
> of not having the rtser0 device.  maybe you could help me understand how to
> unload the drivers?
>
> Il dom 28 feb 2021, 02:22 Greg Gallagher <greg@embeddedgreg.com> ha
> scritto:
>

>> On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 7:44 PM Leandro Bucci via Xenomai <
>> xenomai@xenomai.org> wrote:
>>
>>> hello everyone, after installing xenomai on the Raspberry and inserting
>>> the
>>> kernel module related to the serial, in the folder / dev / rtdm / I don't
>>> have the rtser0 device.  How is it possible?
>>>
>> It’s possible that the device isn’t listed or enabled in the device tree
>> or the device is in use by another driver. If it’s in use by another driver
>> you’ll have to unbind that driver and then the serial driver should load.
>> This is all assuming that the device is properly configured in the device
>> tree.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Greg

This link is fairly dated, but it helped me get started with rtdm and
serial drivers. Take a look and we can try and fill in the missing pieces
to get you going.

https://wiki.emacinc.com/wiki/Xenomai_RTSerial

Greg

* Re: RTDM