* Re: [yocto] Splitting a recipe into multiple packages and inherit extrausers
       [not found] <15FB4FF4056D067E.12500@lists.yoctoproject.org>
@ 2020-03-11 19:38 ` Patrick Doyle
From: Patrick Doyle @ 2020-03-11 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Doyle; +Cc: Yocto discussion list, yocto

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 1:26 PM Patrick Doyle via
Lists.Yoctoproject.Org <wpdster=gmail.com@lists.yoctoproject.org>
wrote:
> I want the daemon to run as a non-root user, so I have "inherit
> extrausers" in my recipe.
>
> Suppose I only wanted to create that extra user iff the package
> containing the daemon was included in the image.  Is this possible?
> How?
Apparently, the answer is that I should use "inherit adduser" instead
of "inherit extrausers".  See
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-classes-useradd.

--wpd

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-03-11 19:36 UTC | newest]