* ARM reference platform(s)
@ 2019-09-30 15:01 Pierre FICHEUX
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Pierre FICHEUX @ 2019-09-30 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi all,

Do you have a list  of ARM reference platforms used for Ipipe test and
validation (by the core developers) ?

Regards

--

Pierre FICHEUX -/- CTO Smile ECS, France -\- pierre.ficheux@smile.fr
                             http://www.smile.fr

* Re: ARM reference platform(s)
@ 2019-09-30 15:09 ` Greg Gallagher
From: Greg Gallagher @ 2019-09-30 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre FICHEUX; +Cc: xenomai

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 11:02 AM Pierre FICHEUX via Xenomai <
xenomai@xenomai.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Do you have a list  of ARM reference platforms used for Ipipe test and
> validation (by the core developers) ?
>
> Regards
>
> --
>
> Pierre FICHEUX -/- CTO Smile ECS, France -\- pierre.ficheux@smile.fr
>                              http://www.smile.fr
>                              https://smile.eu/fr/offres/embarque-iot
> I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code

I’ve tested my ipipe changes on the zynq-7000 boards, imx6 and raspberry pi
2b (multiv7_defconfig).

I haven’t had time to play around lately but they were all stable a couple
months ago.

* Re: ARM reference platform(s)
@ 2019-09-30 15:23 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2019-09-30 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre FICHEUX, xenomai

On 30.09.19 17:01, Pierre FICHEUX via Xenomai wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Do you have a list  of ARM reference platforms used for Ipipe test and
> validation (by the core developers) ?

I'm not the authoritative instance /wrt ARM, but we have now at least two
targets in preparation or already regular test:

  - ARMv7 via the BeagleBone Black
  - ARMv8 (likely) via the first-gen HiKey

Jan

* Re: ARM reference platform(s)
@ 2019-10-06 16:38 ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2019-10-06 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre FICHEUX, xenomai

On 9/30/19 5:01 PM, Pierre FICHEUX via Xenomai wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Do you have a list  of ARM reference platforms used for Ipipe test and
> validation (by the core developers) ?

armv7: several i.MX6 processors (fsl/nxp sabre, phytec, via), i.MX7
(nxp), RPI2, Xilinx Cyclone-V and STmicro B2260 mainly. BBB less frequently.

armv8: hikey (Kirin 620 so far, 970 may come at some point), RPI3,
Xilinx ZCU102.

--
Philippe.

* Re: ARM reference platform(s)
@ 2019-10-07 13:25   ` Pierre FICHEUX
From: Pierre FICHEUX @ 2019-10-07 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Gerum; +Cc: xenomai

hi Philippe,

thx for your help.

--

@ 2019-10-14 12:24     ` Pierre FICHEUX
From: Pierre FICHEUX @ 2019-10-14 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Gerum; +Cc: xenomai

Hi again,

Does it mean you test ipipe patch on with all platforms?  I have some
problems with Pi 3 kernel... (armv7, 4.14.85)

@ 2019-10-14 14:26       ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2019-10-14 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre FICHEUX; +Cc: xenomai

On 10/14/19 2:24 PM, Pierre FICHEUX wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Does it mean you test ipipe patch on with all platforms?

No, I'm not, only for a subset of them depending on the amount of time I can contribute to such task.

  I have some problems with Pi 3 kernel... (armv7, 4.14.85)

If you have a kernel splash, you may want to post it to the list (do you mean armv8-a used in 32bit mode?).

--
Philippe.

* Re: ARM reference platform(s)
@ 2019-11-16 13:09   ` Pierre FICHEUX
From: Pierre FICHEUX @ 2019-11-16 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Gerum; +Cc: xenomai

Hi,

Regarding  armv8 platforms, do you use kernel from
https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-arm64 or BSP one ?

I know most ARM boards (i.MX, Pi 3) should work with mainline kernel with
limited features.

regards

--

@ 2019-11-17 18:04     ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2019-11-17 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre FICHEUX; +Cc: xenomai

On 11/16/19 2:09 PM, Pierre FICHEUX wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Regarding  armv8 platforms, do you use kernel from https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-arm64 or BSP one ?
>
> I know most ARM boards (i.MX, Pi 3) should work with mainline kernel with limited features.

Mainline is used for running pre-release tests.

--
Philippe.