* Re: phosphor-net-ipmid
@ 2017-06-23  7:20 brendanhiggins
From: brendanhiggins @ 2017-06-23  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ilya; +Cc: patrick, tomjoseph, openbmc

> Hello,
> we would like to help with phosphor-net-ipmid and have volunteer. For us main
> priorities are sensors and sel. Obviously work is in progress there and we don't
> want to duplicate it, so please share tasks with us and tell how we can
> contribute?
> Thanks!

Awesome! Always great to see more people getting involved!

The first thing to do would be to hop on the IRC channel: #openbmc on
freenode.net and say hi to everyone.

Next, in order to see what tasks we have going on, install Zenhub:
https://www.zenhub.com/. Then look at https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc#boards

Probably also a good idea to talk to Patrick and Tom (I CC'ed them). I am pretty
sure they are more familiar with that codebase than anyone else.

Once you know what you want to work on, or even if you just need some help,
either start a conversation on the IRC channel or send an email to the list.

phosphor-net-ipmid is not something I work on or am likely to work on in the
near future, but I think I know most of the people on the list, so feel free to
CC me on future emails and I will try to make sure the right people are involved
in the conversation.

Cheers!

* Re: phosphor-net-ipmid
@ 2017-06-23 18:32 ` Brendan Higgins
From: Brendan Higgins @ 2017-06-23 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ilya; +Cc: patrick, tomjoseph, openbmc

Whoops, looks like you already hopped on the IRC. Anyways, welcome!

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 12:20 AM <brendanhiggins@google.com> wrote:

> > Hello,
> > we would like to help with phosphor-net-ipmid and have volunteer. For us
> main
> > priorities are sensors and sel. Obviously work is in progress there and
> we don't
> > want to duplicate it, so please share tasks with us and tell how we can
> > contribute?
> > Thanks!
>
> Awesome! Always great to see more people getting involved!
>
> The first thing to do would be to hop on the IRC channel: #openbmc on
> freenode.net and say hi to everyone.
>
> Next, in order to see what tasks we have going on, install Zenhub:
> https://www.zenhub.com/. Then look at
> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc#boards
>
> Probably also a good idea to talk to Patrick and Tom (I CC'ed them). I am
> pretty
> sure they are more familiar with that codebase than anyone else.
>
> Once you know what you want to work on, or even if you just need some help,
> either start a conversation on the IRC channel or send an email to the
> list.
>
> phosphor-net-ipmid is not something I work on or am likely to work on in
> the
> near future, but I think I know most of the people on the list, so feel
> free to
> CC me on future emails and I will try to make sure the right people are
> involved
> in the conversation.
>
> Cheers!

* Re: phosphor-net-ipmid
@ 2017-07-07  6:17   ` tomjose
From: tomjose @ 2017-07-07  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ilya Kuznetsov; +Cc: Vlad Vovchenko, openbmc, Patrick Williams

Hello Ilya,

Appreciate your interest in contributing to OpenBMC project!

There is some good progress with the Sensor & SEL commands. The review
is up in the
gerrit server, please feel free to take a look.

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/5048/
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/4162/8

We have started off with the implementation of the DCMI specification
which is closely related to IPMI.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/technical-specifications/dcmi-v1-5-rev-spec.pdf

It would be great if you would be able to lend a helping hand with this
epic. The stories are getting
broken down for this epic. If you are interested in this area, i would
assign the following issue.
The issue is updated with the necessary information to carry out the task.

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/1855

We can catch up on IRC or on the mailing list to discuss further.

Regards,
Tom

On Saturday 24 June 2017 12:02 AM, Brendan Higgins wrote:
> Whoops, looks like you already hopped on the IRC. Anyways, welcome!
>
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 12:20 AM <brendanhiggins@google.com
> <mailto:brendanhiggins@google.com>> wrote:
>
>     > Hello,
>     > we would like to help with phosphor-net-ipmid and have
>     volunteer. For us main
>     > priorities are sensors and sel. Obviously work is in progress
>     there and we don't
>     > want to duplicate it, so please share tasks with us and tell how
>     we can
>     > contribute?
>     > Thanks!
>
>     Awesome! Always great to see more people getting involved!
>
>     The first thing to do would be to hop on the IRC channel: #openbmc on
>     freenode.net <http://freenode.net> and say hi to everyone.
>
>     Next, in order to see what tasks we have going on, install Zenhub:
>     https://www.zenhub.com/. Then look at
>     https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc#boards
>
>     Probably also a good idea to talk to Patrick and Tom (I CC'ed
>     them). I am pretty
>     sure they are more familiar with that codebase than anyone else.
>
>     Once you know what you want to work on, or even if you just need
>     some help,
>     either start a conversation on the IRC channel or send an email to
>     the list.
>
>     phosphor-net-ipmid is not something I work on or am likely to work
>     on in the
>     near future, but I think I know most of the people on the list, so
>     feel free to
>     CC me on future emails and I will try to make sure the right
>     people are involved
>     in the conversation.
>
>     Cheers!

* Re: phosphor-net-ipmid
@ 2017-08-10  0:16     ` Vlad Vochenko
From: Vlad Vochenko @ 2017-08-10  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tomjose, Ilya Kuznetsov; +Cc: openbmc, Patrick Williams

Hello,

I'm gonna implement issue #1855. Is it already assigned to someone?

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Vladislav

________________________________

@ 2017-08-10  9:07       ` Deepak Kodihalli
From: Deepak Kodihalli @ 2017-08-10  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

On 10/08/17 5:46 am, Vlad Vochenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm gonna implement issue #1855. Is it already assigned to someone?

No it isn't. Thanks for volunteering.

> Have a nice day!
>

> Regards,
>
> Vladislav

Regards,
Deepak

* phosphor-net-ipmid
@ 2019-02-19 10:41 George Liu
From: George Liu @ 2019-02-19 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hi all:
    I am running netipmid failed and Tip Unable to bind socket, How to compile phosphor-net-ipmid
Thanks

* Re: phosphor-net-ipmid
@ 2017-06-27 19:36 ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2017-06-27 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ilya Kuznetsov; +Cc: openbmc, Vlad Vovchenko

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 05:44:45PM +0300, Ilya Kuznetsov wrote:
> Hello,
> we would like to help with phosphor-net-ipmid and have volunteer. For us main
> priorities are sensors and sel. Obviously work is in progress there and we don't
> want to duplicate it, so please share tasks with us and tell how we can
> contribute?
> Thanks!

Ilya,

Tom and I did some discussion last week while I was in India on the
remaining work items for IPMI overall.  The biggest outstanding item is
DCMI 1.5 support and he has started creating stories for that.

With respect to Sensors and SELs, someone at Google already has some
commits up that take care of most of the sensor commands and we have
someone assigned to enhance that.  Before we can fully start on SELs
there are some backend work items that need to be done, because we do
not currently keep track of state-items like "when did the machine last
boot" which are typically placed into the SEL.

We think the best bet would be to have your team work on a small DCMI
story to get into development.  From there, we can arrange some more
detailed discussions on some of the breakdown of the bigger items,
perhaps becoming involved in the SEL development.  Would this be
reasonable?

A smaller DCMI task that Tom already created is #1855:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/1855 .  This would be an IPMI
provider that maps the "get/set management controller ID" function into
the xyz.openbmc_project.Network hostname property:
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/blob/master/xyz/openbmc_project/Network/SystemConfiguration.interface.yaml#L4

Feel free to discuss over IRC if you want some real-time discussion on
this.

--
Patrick Williams

* phosphor-net-ipmid