* [Qemu-devel] tracing guest memory access
@ 2012-07-10 14:44 Ilia K.
From: Ilia K. @ 2012-07-10 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

I need to trace all data loads/stores of a guest OS running under qemu (for
now, both guest and host are x86-64, and virtual addresses should be
sufficient). Looking into qemu-devel archive I see that this subject is
brought up not very frequently, but regularly. I know, there is a general
tracing support, but I am not sure how suitable it is for such high-volume
tracing. Also, some TCG hacking is needed for this to work. Several people
has tackled with the subject, particularly, Lluís Vilanova, who still may
be around in this mailing list (or should I CC him?). However, I do not see
a relevant code in git master.

Anybody knows what is a current state of guest tracing under qemu?
Any pointers to official/unofficial git repos with a (partial)
implementation?

Ilia.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] tracing guest memory access
@ 2012-08-22  2:00 ` 陳韋任 (Wei-Ren Chen)
From: 陳韋任 (Wei-Ren Chen) @ 2012-08-22  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ilia K.; +Cc: qemu-devel

> I need to trace all data loads/stores of a guest OS running under qemu (for
> now, both guest and host are x86-64, and virtual addresses should be
> sufficient). Looking into qemu-devel archive I see that this subject is brought
> up not very frequently, but regularly. I know, there is a general tracing
> support, but I am not sure how suitable it is for such high-volume tracing.
> Also, some TCG hacking is needed for this to work. Several people has tackled
> with the subject, particularly, Lluís Vilanova, who still may be around in this
> mailing list (or should I CC him?). However, I do not see a relevant code in
> git master.

  This may be a little late, but yes, please cc to Lluís to ask him
opinion.

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,