* exo build fail on master and master-next
@ 2014-03-21 21:08 Adam Lee
From: Adam Lee @ 2014-03-21 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Good day everyone,
On both master and master-next, I get build fail on exo like below:

configure.ac:112: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_INTLTOOL

      See the Autoconf documentation.

autoreconf: /media/Build/master-next/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/autoconf
failed with exit status: 1

Full log is here <http://paste.ubuntu.com/7132707/>

Thank you for your help,

Adam

* Re: exo build fail on master and master-next
@ 2014-03-24 21:29 ` Adam Lee
From: Adam Lee @ 2014-03-24 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

The error is occurring on master-next (and master I presume) when building
xfce4-taskmanager (as part of XFCE4 Extended package group). I confirmed it
on both qemuarm and on Gumstix Overo as build targets. This tells me it's a
bug, but there still might be something unique about my setup.

Can anyone verify if xfce4-taskmanager can be built successfully?

Thank you,

Adam

@ 2014-03-26  0:46   ` Adam Lee
From: Adam Lee @ 2014-03-26  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: richard.purdie

exo-native (one of xfce4-taskmanager deps) was the point of failure. More
specifically, exo-native was failing during configuration time. I
discovered that, on master-next, exo-native build finishes by reverting
this commit in autoconf.bbclass<https://github.com/openembedded/oe-core/commit/79ea036de331bde65a88fb777647dc099ef05acf>.
This commit was new this year in Yocto Project 1.6. I have no idea how this
commit breaks exo-native build. So I can't discern if the commit has
errors. This still could very be a configuration issue in my build machine.

Can anyone take a look at the commit one more time?

Thank you,

Adam

@ 2014-03-26  8:07     ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2014-03-26  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Lee; +Cc: openembedded-devel

On Tue, 2014-03-25 at 17:46 -0700, Adam Lee wrote:
> exo-native (one of xfce4-taskmanager deps) was the point of failure.
> More specifically, exo-native was failing during configuration time. I
> discovered that, on master-next, exo-native build finishes by
> reverting this commit in autoconf.bbclass. This commit was new this
> year in Yocto Project 1.6. I have no idea how this commit breaks
> exo-native build. So I can't discern if the commit has errors. This
> still could very be a configuration issue in my build machine.
>
> Can anyone take a look at the commit one more time?
>
>On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Adam Lee <adam.yh.lee@gmail.com>
wrote:
>         The error is occurring on master-next (and master I presume)
>         when building xfce4-taskmanager (as part of XFCE4 Extended
>         package group). I confirmed it on both qemuarm and on Gumstix
>         Overo as build targets. This tells me it's a bug, but there
>         still might be something unique about my setup.
>
>         Can anyone verify if xfce4-taskmanager can be built
>         successfully?
>
>         On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Adam Lee
>         <adam.yh.lee@gmail.com> wrote:
>                 Good day everyone,
>                 On both master and master-next, I get build fail on
>                 exo like below:
>                         configure.ac:112: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_INTLTOOL
>                               If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>                               See the Autoconf documentation.

That commit makes the system more strict about dependencies and they're
probably incorrect in your recipe. The above error suggests you're
missing a dependency on intltool-native.

Cheers,

Richard

* Re: exo build fail on master and master-next
@ 2014-03-26 21:00       ` Adam Lee
From: Adam Lee @ 2014-03-26 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Purdie; +Cc: openembedded-devel

Hi Richard, thanks for the explanation. It helped me in understanding about
the commit.

intltool-native builds fine. This suggests me that I have the dependencies
requirement for intltool-native. Also I apt-get installed intltool on my
build server just in case. However, I still get exo-native build error.
Just letting you know, the recipes involved are all under the OE layer
(meta-xfce). I am building for Gumstix Overo, which is not the default
build target, but this error is not platform dependent. I still get the
same result on qemuarm.

At any rate, I now know it's a dependency issue, so that's where I will
start digging and report back.

Thank you,

Adam

@ 2014-03-26 21:08         ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2014-03-26 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Lee; +Cc: openembedded-devel

On Wed, 2014-03-26 at 14:00 -0700, Adam Lee wrote:
> Hi Richard, thanks for the explanation. It helped me in understanding
> about the commit.
>

> intltool-native builds fine. This suggests me that I have the
> dependencies requirement for intltool-native. Also I apt-get installed
> intltool on my build server just in case. However, I still get
> exo-native build error. Just letting you know, the recipes involved
> are all under the OE layer (meta-xfce). I am building for Gumstix
> Overo, which is not the default build target, but this error is not
> platform dependent. I still get the same result on qemuarm.
>

> At any rate, I now know it's a dependency issue, so that's where I
> will start digging and report back.

Right, to be more specific, try adding DEPENDS += "intltool-native" to
the recipe.

Cheers,

Richard

* Re: exo build fail on master and master-next
@ 2014-03-26 21:28           ` Adam Lee
From: Adam Lee @ 2014-03-26 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Purdie; +Cc: openembedded-devel

Thanks Richard, that worked!

I've submitted a patch for this.

Adam

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Richard Purdie <