From: Hubert Feurstein <h.feurstein@gmail.com>
To: ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org
Subject: [ath9k-devel] queue priority mapping
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:04:53 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Sujith,

> Hubert Feurstein wrote:
>> Well, in fact it does. To understand my post you have to know the
>> behaviour of ath_txq_setup. The point here is that on the first call
>> of ath_txq_setup(..ATH9K_TX_QUEUE_DATA..), hw-queue 0 is returned. On
>> the second call hw-queue 1 is returned, ... . And IEEE80211_AC_VO = 0,
>> so hw-queue 0 is assigned, which is wrong in my opinion. But the right
>> place to fix this would be ath_txq_setup itself.
>
> The mapping has been changed recently and I think it might be a problem,
> since this is what the datasheet says:
>
> "The mapping of physical DCUs to absolute channel access priorities is fixed and
> cannot be altered by software."

Yes I know, and isn't this the reason why there is
sc->tx.txq_map[<AC>] in place, to map the AC to the proper HW queue in
software. So sc->tx.txq_map[IEEE80211_AC_VO] should return the
higher-prio-queue 3 and not the low-prio-queue 0. In FreeBSD it is
that way, in Linux it is the opposite, because in Linux
IEEE80211_AC_VO=0 and in FreeBSD WME_AC_VO=3.

Hubert