* Can we delete audit_log_secctx()?
@ 2017-10-20 22:16 ` Casey Schaufler
From: Casey Schaufler @ 2017-10-20 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-security-module

The function audit_log_secctx() is unused and cannot be
made safe for the stacked/namespaced security module case.
It, alas, shows up in the KAPI. Can this derelict code be
removed? I'll provide a patch it it can go.

From: Casey Schaufler @ 2017-10-20 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Moore, Linux Audit, LSM

@ 2017-10-21  1:05   ` William Roberts
From: William Roberts @ 2017-10-21  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-security-module

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Casey Schaufler <casey@schaufler-ca.com> wrote:
> The function audit_log_secctx() is unused and cannot be
> made safe for the stacked/namespaced security module case.
> It, alas, shows up in the KAPI. Can this derelict code be
> removed? I'll provide a patch it it can go.

It seems to be unused...

http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/v4.14-rc5/ident/audit_log_secctx

Respectfully,

William C Roberts

* Re: Can we delete audit_log_secctx()?
@ 2017-10-21  1:05   ` William Roberts
From: William Roberts @ 2017-10-21  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Casey Schaufler; +Cc: Paul Moore, Linux Audit, LSM

@ 2017-10-23 23:14   ` Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 2017-10-23 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-security-module

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Casey Schaufler <casey@schaufler-ca.com> wrote:
> The function audit_log_secctx() is unused and cannot be
> made safe for the stacked/namespaced security module case.
> It, alas, shows up in the KAPI. Can this derelict code be
> removed? I'll provide a patch it it can go.

Removing code generally makes me happy.  Send me a patch and I'll merge it.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com

From: Paul Moore @ 2017-10-23 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)