* [dpdk-dev] APP outside the development kit issues
@ 2021-10-11  8:54 Ginés García Avilés
From: Ginés García Avilés @ 2021-10-11  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,
I'm trying to create new examples for DPDK, more precisely for
bbdev but I'm facing different issues.
First, following this link (58. Building Your Own Application — Data Plane
Development Kit 21.11.0-rc0 documentation (dpdk.org)
<https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/prog_guide/build_app.html>), I found the
example for bbdev not working
with the following error message: "EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1
  Cause: cannot use port with ID 0!"

After digging a little bit, it seems that --vdev option is not creating the
device so I tried
to create it as proposed here (16. Wireless Baseband Device Library — Data
Plane Development Kit 21.11.0-rc0 documentation (dpdk.org)
<https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/prog_guide/bbdev.html>) but even if I include
"rte_bus_vdev.h" which
I think is where all the creation and initialization functions are defined,
I'm getting
an "undefined reference to rte_vdev_init"

Is there any flow diagram or something similar to understand how DPDK is
configuring the
devices? which example should I use as a reference to create my own
"outside of the kit"
examples?

Thanks in advance,
Ginés.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-10-11  8:54 UTC | newest]