* Synchronize DPDK NICs using IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
@ 2015-04-16  1:10 Malveeka Tewari
From: Malveeka Tewari @ 2015-04-16  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev-VfR2kkLFssw

Hi all,

I have a DPDK app that requires tight time synchronization between end
hosts.
In my setup, the testbed is connected to a Cisco switch that supports the
PTP protocol. I know that the ixgbe driver for Intel 82599 nics support the
PTP time protocol, but I'm not sure if the DPDK framework supports PTP.

I found code in the dpdk tree for IEEE 1588  here,
http://www.dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tree/app/test-pmd/ieee1588fwd.c

But I'm not sure what'st the best model to incorporate this functionality.
Should I run two DPDK apps (and have flow director rules setup for PTP
packets?)
or should I just modify my app to support the 1588 functionality.

If someone has used/tested the 1588 implementation in the DPDK code base,
please let me know.

Thanks!
Malveeka

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-04-16  1:10 UTC | newest]