* Re: Sequential profile in FIO 3.7 in linux CentOS 7
       [not found] <CAFsSD_XNL1iA7LT1ChdL0ZFRT+_6TV9N+VerbTEJFYOvs4ZYXg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-06-05 13:02 ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2020-06-05 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: harshit jain; +Cc: fio

On 6/5/20 12:52 AM, harshit jain wrote:
> Hi Jen's,
>
> I need help in creating an I/O profile wherein the LBA access are
> sequential. Basically is it possible to create a profile wherein the
> LBA pattern is write on LBA 0 followed by read on LBA 0 immediately
> and so on?
>
> I am trying to generate the below mentioned sequence
>
> Write LBA0
> Read LBA0
>
> Write LBA1
> Read LBA1
>
> Write LBAn
> Read LBAn
>
> And so on till all LBA sectors is covered.
>
> Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Please send general queries etc to the mailing list, I've CC'ed it.

For this use case, I'd just do a verify workload with a backlog of 1.
That means that after 1 write, we'll verify it.

rw=write
verify=crc32c
verify_backlog=1

--
Jens Axboe

* Re: Sequential profile in FIO 3.7 in linux CentOS 7
@ 2020-06-07  8:25   ` harshit jain
From: harshit jain @ 2020-06-07  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe; +Cc: fio