* Writing a recipe that allows for extra depends, depending on the extra_oemake configurations
@ 2018-07-12 21:01 Giordon Stark
From: Giordon Stark @ 2018-07-12 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: N:

I have a recipe that I wrote up here:
https://github.com/kratsg/meta-l1calo/blob/master/recipes-core/root/xrootd_4.8.3.bb
 .

The short snippet of it looks as follows:

inherit cmake

DEPENDS += "python"

*# ENABLE_CRYPTO*
*#DEPENDS += "openssl"*

*# ENABLE_KRB5*
*#DEPENDS += "krb5"*

EXTRA_OECMAKE = " \
  -DENABLE_PERL=FALSE \
  -DENABLE_FUSE=FALSE \
*  -DENABLE_CRYPTO=FALSE \*
*  -DENABLE_KRB5=FALSE \*
  -DENABLE_FUSE=FALSE \
  -DENABLE_READLINE=FALSE \
  -DHAVE_ATOMICS_EXITCODE=0 \
"

I'm wondering how I can make it so that I can have a user allow for
additional configuration to enable crypto/krb5 which requires extra depends
and changing the oemake flags. Is this something Yocto can do, or is it
better to have users provide a bbappend file to update this recipe?

Thanks,

Giordon
--
Giordon Stark

* Re: Writing a recipe that allows for extra depends, depending on the extra_oemake configurations
@ 2018-07-12 22:07 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-07-12 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giordon Stark; +Cc: N:

> I'm wondering how I can make it so that I can have a user allow for
> additional configuration to enable crypto/krb5 which requires extra depends
> and changing the oemake flags. Is this something Yocto can do, or is it
> better to have users provide a bbappend file to update this recipe?

Yes, PACKAGECONFIG is exactly what you want.

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.4.2/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-PACKAGECONFIG

Ross

* Re: Writing a recipe that allows for extra depends, depending on the extra_oemake configurations
@ 2018-07-12 22:12   ` Giordon Stark
From: Giordon Stark @ 2018-07-12 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: N:

Hi Ross,

Thanks. I saw that but the documentation doesn't explicitly mentioned
EXTRA_OEMAKE. Is that the same as EXTRA_OECONF?

Giordon

--

@ 2018-07-13  2:49     ` Andre McCurdy
From: Andre McCurdy @ 2018-07-13  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giordon Stark; +Cc: N:

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 3:12 PM, Giordon Stark <kratsg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ross,
>
> Thanks. I saw that but the documentation doesn't explicitly mentioned
> EXTRA_OEMAKE. Is that the same as EXTRA_OECONF?

No, EXTRA_OEMAKE and EXTRA_OECONF are different.

Config options derived from PACKAGECONFIG are automatically appended
to EXTRA_OECONF (by autotools.bbclass), EXTRA_OECMAKE (by
cmake.bbclass) and EXTRA_OEMESON (by meson.bbclass) but never
automatically appended to EXTRA_OEMAKE. If you want to add
PACKAGECONFIG derived options to EXTRA_OEMAKE then you can manually
add PACKAGECONFIG_CONFARGS to EXTRA_OEMAKE from within a recipe, for
example see:

  http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/tree/meta/recipes-graphics/glew/glew_2.1.0.bb

Note that your original example was based around EXTRA_OECMAKE though,
not EXTRA_OEMAKE.

@ 2018-07-13  7:53     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-07-13  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giordon Stark; +Cc: N:

On 12 July 2018 at 23:12, Giordon Stark <kratsg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ross,
>
> Thanks. I saw that but the documentation doesn't explicitly mentioned
> EXTRA_OEMAKE. Is that the same as EXTRA_OECONF?

EXTRA_OEMAKE is what is passed to 'make' calls.  Your recipe is using
cmake, so you're extending EXTRA_OECMAKE, which is passed to cmake
calls.

If you read the documentation you'll see that PACKAGECONFIG is parsed
and the appropriate enabled/disabled options are added to
PACKAGECONFIG_CONFARGS, which cmake.bbclass adds to EXTRA_OECMAKE for
you.

Ross

* Re: Writing a recipe that allows for extra depends, depending on the extra_oemake configurations
@ 2018-07-16 13:22       ` Giordon Stark
From: Giordon Stark @ 2018-07-16 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: N: