* Creating a python recipe with devtool
@ 2018-02-07 12:17 Alan Martinovic
From: Alan Martinovic @ 2018-02-07 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I need to add a python package available on pypi:
    https://pypi.python.org/pypi/multiprocessing-logging/

Instead of manually creating the bb file, I'd like to add
it using the devtool flow.

In my build directory I execute:

    devtool create-workspace
    devtool build-image my-image
    devtool add
https://pypi.python.org/packages/65/eb/1c3db9596eddb2bd1d1f8153dcaf2d9f2c7e144f4832d1b1449f681a0a7a/multiprocessing_logging-0.2.6-py2.py3-none-any.whl#md5=b7783a8c449135e5bb344b3f0caa3522

That is the URL for the sources listed here:
     https://pypi.python.org/pypi/multiprocessing-logging/

That ends up with an error:

    NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2 tasks of which 0 didn't need to
be rerun and all succeeded.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/alan/senic-os/oe/scripts/recipetool", line 121, in <module>
        ret = main()
      File "/home/alan/senic-os/oe/scripts/recipetool", line 110, in main
        ret = args.func(args)
      File "/home/alan/senic-os/oe/scripts/lib/recipetool/create.py",
line 512, in create_recipe
        check_single_file(dirlist[0], fetchuri)
      File "/home/alan/senic-os/oe/scripts/lib/recipetool/create.py",
line 917, in check_single_file
        with open(fn, 'r', errors='surrogateescape') as f:
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'multiprocessing_logging-0.2.6-py2.py3-none-any.whl'

What am I missing?
Is the correct URL used?

* Re: Creating a python recipe with devtool
@ 2018-02-07 12:25 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2018-02-07 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/07/2018 02:17 PM, Alan Martinovic wrote:
>      devtool add
> https://pypi.python.org/packages/65/eb/1c3db9596eddb2bd1d1f8153dcaf2d9f2c7e144f4832d1b1449f681a0a7a/multiprocessing_logging-0.2.6-py2.py3-none-any.whl#md5=b7783a8c449135e5bb344b3f0caa3522

I don't think we support .whl format at the moment. You need to fetch
sources directly from github.

Alex

* Re: Creating a python recipe with devtool
@ 2018-02-07 13:09   ` Alan Martinovic
From: Alan Martinovic @ 2018-02-07 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, that worked!

Steps:

# On the build server
devtool create-workspace
devtool add  https://github.com/jruere/multiprocessing-logging
devtool
devtool edit-recipe multiprocessing-logging
    # Change for building for python3
       inherit setuptools -> inherit setuptools3
    # delete the RDEPENDS that were wrongly detected
devtool build multiprocessing-logging
#Prerequisit: ssh root@10.10.10.100
devtool deploy-target multiprocessing-logging root@10.10.10.100

#On the 10.10.10.100 device
python3
import python3-multiprocessing_logging

#On the build server. Finishing
devtool finish multiprocessing-logging
/home/alan/meta-myproject/recipes-devtools/python

@ 2018-02-08 14:04     ` Giordon Stark
From: Giordon Stark @ 2018-02-08 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

This also works with the tarball URLs from pypi which is a bit easier to
manage (version-wise).

Giordon

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 7:10 AM Alan Martinovic <alan.martinovic@senic.com>
wrote:

> Thanks, that worked!
>
> Steps:
>
> # On the build server
> devtool create-workspace
> devtool add  https://github.com/jruere/multiprocessing-logging
> devtool
> devtool edit-recipe multiprocessing-logging
>     # Change for building for python3
>        inherit setuptools -> inherit setuptools3
>     # delete the RDEPENDS that were wrongly detected
> devtool build multiprocessing-logging
> #Prerequisit: ssh root@10.10.10.100
> devtool deploy-target multiprocessing-logging root@10.10.10.100
>
> #On the 10.10.10.100 device
> python3
> import python3-multiprocessing_logging
>
> #On the build server. Finishing
> devtool finish multiprocessing-logging
> /home/alan/meta-myproject/recipes-devtools/python
>
> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 1:25 PM, Alexander Kanavin
> <alexander.kanavin@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > On 02/07/2018 02:17 PM, Alan Martinovic wrote:
> >>
> >>      devtool add
> >>

> https://pypi.python.org/packages/65/eb/1c3db9596eddb2bd1d1f8153dcaf2d9f2c7e144f4832d1b1449f681a0a7a/multiprocessing_logging-0.2.6-py2.py3-none-any.whl#md5=b7783a8c449135e5bb344b3f0caa3522
> >

> > I don't think we support .whl format at the moment. You need to fetch
> > sources directly from github.
> >

> > Alex

Giordon Stark

* Re: Creating a python recipe with devtool
@ 2018-02-08 21:02       ` Alan Martinovic
From: Alan Martinovic @ 2018-02-08 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

This particular one didn't provide a tarball.
Can't really say if it's an exception or tendency with the whl
starting to take over.