* System Policy for Filenames
@ 2012-06-22  9:06 Aaron Peterson
       [not found] ` <CANZ96zW4BX4jXP+ZBj2380QJ3gB_yOWa6VgFn9gHBeDq1qc4Lg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Aaron Peterson @ 2012-06-22  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hello btrfs group:

 I would like to make a system policy that restricts the characters
used in a filename, tests filenames by regular expression, and
enforces case-insensitive-compatible exclusivity.

Where should I start?

I am trying to solve a few problems for my catproof Linux project.
* Compatibility with other systems.
* Protect users from   "-rf", or "*"  files that mess with shell
expansion and poorly written shell scripts.
* possibly ensure that I can type the filenames, and defend against
look-alike characters
(This would preferably just come up as a warning,  KDE converts a "/"
in a filename to a look-alike and broke my system, but I recognize
that I will need to access file names in multiple languages)

Thank you!

* Re: System Policy for Filenames
       [not found]   ` <CAK43AWthZ5Y3Rjkp6EduXO17J7Paz7SHYj_qOUbpwHyVQ_JKRQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2012-06-26 18:28     ` Aaron Peterson
From: Aaron Peterson @ 2012-06-26 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Billy,

Thank you! I will look into FUSE.

Ultimately, I want my / to be mounted with these rules,  I will need a
boot loader to be able to handle it.

 I am wondering if filesystem software has hooks for AppArmor or
SELinux, or some other Linux Security Module would be appropriated to
add to filesystem code?

 Also, I tried joining a linux-fsdev mailing list, but it appears to be defunct.

Oh, This is interesting:
http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/fixing-unix-linux-filenames.html

 -AP

@ 2012-06-27  0:39       ` Fajar A. Nugraha
From: Fajar A. Nugraha @ 2012-06-27  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Peterson; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Aaron Peterson
<myusualnickname@gmail.com> wrote:
> Billy,
>
> Thank you! I will look into FUSE.
>
> Ultimately, I want my / to be mounted with these rules,  I will need a
> boot loader to be able to handle it.

Try looking at how ubuntu live cd works. Last time I check, it can use
unionfs-fuse as "/" to make the read-only cd media appear "writable"
live session. Something similar should be applicable to your needs.

>  I am wondering if filesystem software has hooks for AppArmor or
> SELinux, or some other Linux Security Module would be appropriated to
> add to filesystem code?

Not that I know of.

--
Fajar