* [SPDK] Access error and leak with rte_malloc'ed memory
@ 2017-03-31  7:33 Naoki Iwakami
From: Naoki Iwakami @ 2017-03-31  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hello,

I am trying to find memory errors with memory blocks allocated by
rte_malloc in my SPDK application. Errors are such as buffer overrun,
memory leak, etc.

I found a Valgrind modified for DPDK. Thankfully, it works for SPDK, too.
https://github.com/bluca/valgrind-dpdk

But this tool seems not working for memory blocks allocated by rte_malloc.

As an alternative, does SPDK or DPDK have mechanism to support memory
error troubleshooting, such as putting magic words at memory
boundaries and giving current number of rte_malloc'ed bytes?

Naoki Iwakami

* Re: [SPDK] Access error and leak with rte_malloc'ed memory
@ 2017-03-31  7:51 Wodkowski, PawelX
From: Wodkowski, PawelX @ 2017-03-31  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk