* How /etc/shadow packed into my final image?
       [not found] <886279436.3600717.1508846299490.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2017-10-24 11:58 ` Bacheh Karaji
From: Bacheh Karaji @ 2017-10-24 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto Project

I wanted to modify the content of /etc/shadow,but don't know how /etc/shadow files is packed into final image.
Can anybody how it is packed and way to modify it?Thanks

* Re: How /etc/shadow packed into my final image?
@ 2017-10-25  2:53   ` ChenQi
From: ChenQi @ 2017-10-25  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bacheh Karaji, Yocto Project

On 10/24/2017 07:58 PM, Bacheh Karaji wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to modify the content of /etc/shadow,
> but don't know how /etc/shadow files is packed into final image.
>
> Can anybody how it is packed and way to modify it?
> Thanks

The file is created in postinst of the shadow package.

Codes are like below:
root@qemux86-64:~# rpm -q --scripts shadow
postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
# shadow - postinst
     if [ "x$D" != "x" ]; then
       rootarg="--root $D"
     else
       rootarg=""
     fi

     pwconv $rootarg || exit 1
     grpconv $rootarg || exit 1
[snip]

There are several ways to modify the file, depending on your purpose.
If you just want to modify/add/delete user/group in recipe, please try
to make use of useradd*.bbclass.
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.3.2/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-classes-useradd

If you want to do user/group operation in conf file, please try to make
use of extrausers.bbclass.
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.3.2/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-classes-extrausers

The above should be basically enough.

Best Regards,
Chen Qi

* Re: How /etc/shadow packed into my final image?
@ 2017-10-25  7:30     ` Bacheh Karaji
From: Bacheh Karaji @ 2017-10-25  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ChenQi, Yocto Project

OH! Thank you! I had forgotten about that.

@ 2017-10-26 14:02     ` Zoran Stojsavljevic
From: Zoran Stojsavljevic @ 2017-10-26 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ChenQi; +Cc: Yocto Project