* Possible to fetch from private github repo?
@ 2013-06-12 13:04 Steve Sakoman
From: Steve Sakoman @ 2013-06-12 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

I have a client that keeps their app source code in a private github repository.

I haven't managed to find a way to convince the git fetcher to grab
the source code.

Has anyone else managed to write a recipe that uses a github private repository?

Thanks!

Steve

* Re: Possible to fetch from private github repo?
@ 2013-06-12 13:07 ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2013-06-12 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Sakoman; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Op 12 jun. 2013, om 15:04 heeft Steve Sakoman <sakoman@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

> I have a client that keeps their app source code in a private github repository.
>
> I haven't managed to find a way to convince the git fetcher to grab
> the source code.
>
> Has anyone else managed to write a recipe that uses a github private repository?

Yes: https://github.com/CircuitCo/meta-circuitco/blob/master/recipes-tester/beagleboneblack/bbbtester_git.bb

You need to have your ssh keys in order before trying that, though.

regards,

Koen

* Re: Possible to fetch from private github repo?
@ 2013-06-12 13:09   ` Steve Sakoman
From: Steve Sakoman @ 2013-06-12 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Koen Kooi; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 6:07 AM, Koen Kooi <koen@dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:

> Op 12 jun. 2013, om 15:04 heeft Steve Sakoman <sakoman@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>
>> I have a client that keeps their app source code in a private github repository.
>>
>> I haven't managed to find a way to convince the git fetcher to grab
>> the source code.
>>
>> Has anyone else managed to write a recipe that uses a github private repository?
>
> Yes: https://github.com/CircuitCo/meta-circuitco/blob/master/recipes-tester/beagleboneblack/bbbtester_git.bb
>
> You need to have your ssh keys in order before trying that, though.

Thanks Koen.

I tried that form, so clearly I must not have my ssh keys in order!

Thanks for confirmation that it can be made to work.

@ 2013-06-12 13:21     ` Jack Mitchell
From: Jack Mitchell @ 2013-06-12 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

On 12/06/13 14:09, Steve Sakoman wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 6:07 AM, Koen Kooi <koen@dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:
>>
>> Op 12 jun. 2013, om 15:04 heeft Steve Sakoman <sakoman@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>> I have a client that keeps their app source code in a private github repository.
>>>
>>> I haven't managed to find a way to convince the git fetcher to grab
>>> the source code.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else managed to write a recipe that uses a github private repository?
>>
>> Yes: https://github.com/CircuitCo/meta-circuitco/blob/master/recipes-tester/beagleboneblack/bbbtester_git.bb
>>
>> You need to have your ssh keys in order before trying that, though.
>
> Thanks Koen.
>
> I tried that form, so clearly I must not have my ssh keys in order!
>
> Thanks for confirmation that it can be made to work.
>
> Steve

Ditto, I grab from a private repo's using validated ssh-keys without
issue. Just ensure that the machine you're running bitbake on is the
machine that has been validated, and you have set the protocol to ssh
and you should be fine!

Cheers,

--

   Jack Mitchell (jack@embed.me.uk)
   Embedded Systems Engineer

* Re: Possible to fetch from private github repo?
@ 2013-06-12 13:30       ` Steve Sakoman
From: Steve Sakoman @ 2013-06-12 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ml, Koen Kooi; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 6:21 AM, Jack Mitchell <ml@communistcode.co.uk> wrote:

> Ditto, I grab from a private repo's using validated ssh-keys without issue.
> Just ensure that the machine you're running bitbake on is the machine that
> has been validated, and you have set the protocol to ssh and you should be
> fine!

It is working now.

My ssh keys were in order.  But as is often the case the problem was me :-)

I cut and pasted the ssh address from the github web page for the
repo, added the git://  in front and the ;protocol=ssh at the end, but
neglected to convert the : in the supplied address to a /

With that one character change all is well.

Thanks!

Steve