* [Buildroot] Beaglebone Black USB not working with buildroot 2018.05 default settings
@ 2018-06-12 14:10 Nathan Miller
From: Nathan Miller @ 2018-06-12 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello all,

I'm trying to compile the buildroot default config for a Beaglebone black
and I'm having problems with no working USB. I build the system by running

make distclean
make beaglebone_defconfig
make

and create an SD card by running

sudo dd if=output/images/sdcard.img of=/dev/sdc

where /dev/sdc is my SD card reader with a card inserted. I then boot the
BBB by inserting the SD card, holding the button down, and connecting
power. It boots up just fine, I can log in as root, and I can verify that
it's the system I just compiled by running `uname -a` and verifying the
build date.

However, when I run lsusb to see connected USB devices, I receive the
following error:

# lsusb
lsusb: /sys/bus/usb/devices: No such file or directory

is there something I'm missing in this build process, or is this a known
issue? I searched the bug tracker and didn't find anything. I also loaded
the official Debian image on the board and verified that the USB works, so
as to rule out a hardware issue.