* Trying to clone a repository in git, getting a error.
@ 2011-07-05 21:21 Adam Bourg
From: Adam Bourg @ 2011-07-05 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

I have two boxes, one is my local machine and the other is my dev
server. Right now I'm testing this method of deploying apps using Git:
http://blog.wekeroad.com/2009/11/23/deploying-a-web-application-with-git-and-ftp

I setup my local repository, added the files then committed. I am on
Windows 7 & my server is Windows Server 2008.

The server is mapped as the W:\ Drive with my 'bare' repository and my
target 'mock' production folder as child folders. -- I can get to each
just fine, no connection problems.

Here's what I did to setup everything:

    Local dir git remote add origin w:\gitCentral

    Local dir git push origin master

    Type C:, then type CD testDeployment

    Now I'm in my test folder.

    A. I do git clone w:/gitCentral

    Cloning into gitCentral... done. error: refs/remotes/origin/master
does not point to a valid object! error: Trying to write ref
refs/heads/master with nonexistant object 559e2165845
06e14ebef1121059e9461a86dd4f8 fatal: Cannot update the ref 'HEAD'.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-07-05 21:21 UTC | newest]