* Computer Science and SE Linux
@ 2015-10-03 10:38 Russell Coker
From: Russell Coker @ 2015-10-03 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

I'm going to offer a lecture about the Computer Science aspects of SE Linux in
the near future.  Here's a quick summary of what I'm thinking of speaking
about.

MAC vs DAC.

Domain-Type as a concept (not details of implementation).

LSM as a concept.

PAM and cron modifications.  Generally how the Unix users fit in with SE Linux
and how that can be extended to other MAC systems.

Why we modify init and what other options were tested.

MLS as a concept in general.

File labelling, why and how.

Algorithms for optimising setfiles.

I'd like to speak about some features of the kernel code.  I recall reading
about the optimisations for 32 core systems some time ago, I'm sure there's
something in that which is worth mentioning.  It's not an area that I've
worked on, can anyone suggest something I should read about this?

Any suggestions for other things I should mention?  Note that I'm not planning
to mention anything about how to actually use SE Linux.  There are lots of web
sites about that and I could offer a lecture on that topic at a different venue.
The previous lecture in the series was about the design of the Enigma machines
for WW2 cryptography.  The audience want to generally learn about maths and
science not necessarily learn things that they can actually do.

Also the format of the presentation is that it has to finish quickly when the
pizza arrives.  So the items at the bottom of the list may get skipped.

* Re: Computer Science and SE Linux
@ 2015-10-04  2:35 ` Thomas Rozenbroek
From: Thomas Rozenbroek @ 2015-10-04  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell Coker; +Cc: selinux, Thomas Rozenbroek

Will these lecture(s) be recorded and made available to those of us, who
are not able to attend?

Thank you for your efforts

Respectfully,

thr
-----

@ 2015-10-04 15:56   ` Russell Coker
From: Russell Coker @ 2015-10-04 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Rozenbroek; +Cc: selinux, Thomas Rozenbroek

No. But I'll probably write a blog post covering much of that material - at least the areas that I've personally worked on.

--
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with K-9 Mail.

* Re: Computer Science and SE Linux
@ 2015-10-04 21:56     ` Hal Martin
From: Hal Martin @ 2015-10-04 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell Coker; +Cc: Thomas Rozenbroek, selinux