* Eudyptula challenge submissions (patch versus proof)
@ 2015-02-02 19:23 Tolga Ceylan
From: Tolga Ceylan @ 2015-02-02 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Quick question about how to submit patches and proofs. Are separate
emails OK with this? For example;

1) a "formal" kernel patch submitted via git send-email
2) proof e-mail submitted via replying to the original task email

Or should the proof be in the git commit description itself?

Cheers,
Tolga

* Fwd: Eudyptula challenge submissions (patch versus proof)
@ 2015-02-02 20:03 ` Tolga Ceylan
From: Tolga Ceylan @ 2015-02-02 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

I think due to my e-mail below, I was removed from the challenge.

Or maybe it was due to the way I submitted the task; separate e-mail
for proof and another kernel patch e-mail...

I'm not sure if this is due to some script parsing some keywords in
kernelnewbies list, but let this be a warning for the rest of you
who are taking this challenge...

I find this unnecessarily harsh especially when the system
takes a very long time to process e-mails and when there's
no outlet for process related questions such as mine below.

All I wanted to find out was if proof should be in the patch
itself or if it's OK to send separate e-mails.

It really should be OK to ask for help for harmless submission related
questions such as how to use thunderbird or git send-email.

Cheers,
Tolga

@ 2015-02-03 16:10   ` Jerry Snitselaar
From: Jerry Snitselaar @ 2015-02-03 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On 2015-02-02 13:03 MST, Tolga Ceylan <tolga.ceylan@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think due to my e-mail below, I was removed from the challenge.
>
> Or maybe it was due to the way I submitted the task; separate e-mail
> for proof and another kernel patch e-mail...
>
> I'm not sure if this is due to some script parsing some keywords in
> kernelnewbies list, but let this be a warning for the rest of you
> who are taking this challenge...
>
> I find this unnecessarily harsh especially when the system
> takes a very long time to process e-mails and when there's
> no outlet for process related questions such as mine below.
>
> All I wanted to find out was if proof should be in the patch
> itself or if it's OK to send separate e-mails.
>
> It really should be OK to ask for help for harmless submission related
> questions such as how to use thunderbird or git send-email.
>
> Cheers,
> Tolga

Did you try emailing little with the process questions? Process
questions should get answered there as well as questions regarding
the tasks. It might take some time to get a response, but eventually
you will.

Regards,
Jerry

* Fwd: Eudyptula challenge submissions (patch versus proof)
@ 2015-02-04  4:20     ` sanjeev sharma
From: sanjeev sharma @ 2015-02-04  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello All,

Please follow some useful information here
https://sanjeevsharmaengg.wordpress.com/2014/06/23/begineers-guide-configure-thunderbird-account-for-eudyptula-challenge/

IMO,Always summit the patch & proof in single email only but make sure
below note.

*Note:Remember to use your ID assigned to you in the Subject: line when
responding to this task, so that Penguin can figure it out to whom this
task assigned in his List.*

*RegardsSanjeev Sharma*