* git difftool help
@ 2016-03-28 14:07 ratheesh kannoth
From: ratheesh kannoth @ 2016-03-28 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

'git diff 'is opening in meld. I could not create a patch using -  git
diff > ./patch-01
i did not make any change to pick meld, by  default it is picking meld.

Which "git difftool" will help to create patch ? i do want to  use
format patch as changes are not yet committed ?

-Ratheesh

* Re: git difftool help
@ 2016-03-29  9:45 ` Chris Packham
From: Chris Packham @ 2016-03-29  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ratheesh kannoth; +Cc: GIT

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 3:07 AM, ratheesh kannoth
<ratheesh.ksz@gmail.com> wrote:
> 'git diff 'is opening in meld. I could not create a patch using -  git
> diff > ./patch-01
> i did not make any change to pick meld, by  default it is picking meld.
>

> Which "git difftool" will help to create patch ? i do want to  use
> format patch as changes are not yet committed ?

'git diff' is the correct command to display a difference between the
worktree and the index (staging area).
'git difftool' is used to invoke an external (usually graphical) tool
to display the differences.

Perhaps you have some odd configuration causing meld to be invoked
(diff.external maybe). Could you post the output of 'git config -l'
and 'git --version'