* [U-Boot] SUNXI : CONFIG_VIDEO_SUNXI is never set
@ 2019-03-01 15:35 Arjan van Vught
From: Arjan van Vught @ 2019-03-01 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Version: u-boot-2018.09

This is a follow-up for : "SUNXI : setenv video-mode not working"

Although I have added CONFIG_VIDEO_SUNXI=y in configs/orangepi_one_defconfig

the source file sunxi_display.c is not compiled. Hence the setenv
video-mode is not working ?

Please advice.

Many thanks in advance, Arjan

http://www.orangepi-dmx.org/allwinner-h3

* [U-Boot] SUNXI : CONFIG_VIDEO_SUNXI is never set
@ 2019-03-07  8:04 ` Chen-Yu Tsai
From: Chen-Yu Tsai @ 2019-03-07  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 11:36 PM Arjan van Vught
<arjan.van.vught@gmail.com> wrote:

> Version: u-boot-2018.09
>
> This is a follow-up for : "SUNXI : setenv video-mode not working"
>
> Although I have added CONFIG_VIDEO_SUNXI=y in configs/orangepi_one_defconfig
>
> the source file sunxi_display.c is not compiled. Hence the setenv
> video-mode is not working ?

That file is only used for DE 1.0, while the H3, which the Orange Pi
One is based
on, has DE 2.0.

ChenYu

@ 2019-03-10 19:18   ` Arjan van Vught
From: Arjan van Vught @ 2019-03-10 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> Op 7 mrt. 2019, om 09:04 heeft Chen-Yu Tsai <wens@csie.org> het volgende geschreven:
>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 11:36 PM Arjan van Vught
> <arjan.van.vught@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Version: u-boot-2018.09
>>
>> This is a follow-up for : "SUNXI : setenv video-mode not working"
>>
>> Although I have added CONFIG_VIDEO_SUNXI=y in configs/orangepi_one_defconfig
>>
>> the source file sunxi_display.c is not compiled. Hence the setenv
>> video-mode is not working ?
>
> That file is only used for DE 1.0, while the H3, which the Orange Pi
> One is based
> on, has DE 2.0.
Is it on the roadmap adding support for DE 2.0 ?

- Arjan

@ 2019-12-22 14:07     ` Arjan van Vught
From: Arjan van Vught @ 2019-12-22 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> Op 10 mrt. 2019, om 20:18 heeft Arjan van Vught <arjan.van.vught@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>

>> Op 7 mrt. 2019, om 09:04 heeft Chen-Yu Tsai <wens@csie.org> het volgende geschreven:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 11:36 PM Arjan van Vught
>> <arjan.van.vught@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Version: u-boot-2018.09
>>>
>>> This is a follow-up for : "SUNXI : setenv video-mode not working"
>>>
>>> Although I have added CONFIG_VIDEO_SUNXI=y in configs/orangepi_one_defconfig
>>>
>>> the source file sunxi_display.c is not compiled. Hence the setenv
>>> video-mode is not working ?
>>
>> That file is only used for DE 1.0, while the H3, which the Orange Pi
>> One is based
>> on, has DE 2.0.
> Is it on the roadmap adding support for DE 2.0 ?

Hi ChenYu, any updates for this issue ? Thanks, Arjan

* SUNXI : CONFIG_VIDEO_SUNXI is never set
@ 2019-12-22 14:45       ` Chen-Yu Tsai
From: Chen-Yu Tsai @ 2019-12-22 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 10:07 PM Arjan van Vught
<arjan.van.vught@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Op 10 mrt. 2019, om 20:18 heeft Arjan van Vught <arjan.van.vught@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
> >

> >> Op 7 mrt. 2019, om 09:04 heeft Chen-Yu Tsai <wens@csie.org> het volgende geschreven:

> >> That file is only used for DE 1.0, while the H3, which the Orange Pi
> >> One is based
> >> on, has DE 2.0.
> > Is it on the roadmap adding support for DE 2.0 ?
>
> Hi ChenYu, any updates for this issue ? Thanks, Arjan

You are asking the wrong person.