* information on cedarview support for Yocto Poky
@ 2017-07-21 14:00 Maurizio Galasso
From: Maurizio Galasso @ 2017-07-21 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello,

I am about to work in a cedarview Machine. From what I seeing online it
seems that the only available support is for yocto danny.

It is the cedarview supported and I’m missing the reference or the system
is no longer supported? Can I consider some possible patch on poky?

My target is to work on an implementation where the sw will be updated in
the future and to receive further kernel update.

did you have any feedback on this topic?

thank you very much for your support

* Yocto Poky meta browser issue on intel 32 image
@ 2017-07-21 14:11 ` Maurizio Galasso
From: Maurizio Galasso @ 2017-07-21 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello,

i'm trying to integrate meta browser recipe for have a chromium instance on
a intel x86 32 bit machine.

i'm configuring x86 machine and i've integrated the meta-browser proposed
by open-embedded

   1. https://codeload.github.com/OSSystems/meta-browser/zip/master
   2. https://github.com/OSSystems/meta-browser.git

to test the behavior we have downloaded the chromium sample 32 bits and
even that one has created issue to launch on my machine ( the same sample
has been launched easily on a ubuntu 32 bits)
(http://opensource.spotify.com/cefbuilds/index.html)

what we are seeing is that the same recipe created with real machine 32
bits is not working on the intel device.
we have a segmentation fault.
is it correct to integrate this recipe?

to be precise my target was to have Chromium CEF but i would accept for now
to make Chromium work on the machine.

i'll really appreciate you support,

regards,

Mauriizo Galasso

* Re: Yocto Poky meta browser issue on intel 32 image
@ 2017-07-25 19:22   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-07-25 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maurizio Galasso; +Cc: yocto

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 7:11 AM, Maurizio Galasso
<galasso.maurizio@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> i'm trying to integrate meta browser recipe for have a chromium instance on
> a intel x86 32 bit machine.
>
> i'm configuring x86 machine and i've integrated the meta-browser proposed by
> open-embedded
>
> https://codeload.github.com/OSSystems/meta-browser/zip/master
> https://github.com/OSSystems/meta-browser.git
>
> to test the behavior we have downloaded the chromium sample 32 bits and even
> that one has created issue to launch on my machine ( the same sample has
> been launched easily on a ubuntu 32 bits)
> (http://opensource.spotify.com/cefbuilds/index.html)
>
> what we are seeing is that the same recipe created with real machine 32 bits
> is not working on the intel device.
> we have a segmentation fault.
> is it correct to integrate this recipe?
>
> to be precise my target was to have Chromium CEF but i would accept for now
> to make Chromium work on the machine.

some backtraces might help. We just punted CEF recipes, but you can
resurrect them
and make them work