* regarding do_IRQ()
@ 2011-07-24 11:48 santhosh kumars
From: santhosh kumars @ 2011-07-24 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi
I am reading robertlove implementing interrupt handlers.
When interrupt comes, the processor immediately stops what it is
doing, disables the interrupt system (I am assuming disables all local
interrupts of that processor)and jumps to the initial entry point
where it calls do_IRQ().
do_IRQ() acknowledges the receipt of the interrupt and disables the
interrupt delivery on the line.
Here is my question  like ,If do_IRQ()  disables the interrupt
delivery on the line(I am assuming it disables the interrupt delivery
to all other processors on that line),then what about the other
devices which are sharing same interrupt line and trying to send
interrupts to processors.

thanks,
santhu.

* regarding do_IRQ()
@ 2011-07-25  3:55 ` Mulyadi Santosa
From: Mulyadi Santosa @ 2011-07-25  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi...

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 11:48, santhosh kumars <karuna.linux@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is my question ?like ,If do_IRQ() ?disables the interrupt
> delivery on the line(I am assuming it disables the interrupt delivery
> to all other processors on that line),then what about the other
> devices which are sharing same interrupt line and trying to send
> interrupts to processors.

IIRC, it is "queued"....meaning, it will be sent at the earliest
moment possible once it is back enabled.

PS: I remember there is difference between disabled and
"masked"...disabled is like "temporary shut down" while masked is like
"no way you can get in...unless I say so...so no queue"... CMIIW
people...

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa