* [Buildroot] docs/website: New website
@ 2015-10-13 19:54 Angelo Compagnucci
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Angelo Compagnucci @ 2015-10-13 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

This patch introduces a new buildroot website based on a modern
flat layout inspired by material design.
Each page of the old website is converted to the new css/layout,
the big bump is in main page which is completely rewritten.
Content of the old website is copied more or less verbatim,
planning to add more content in the future.

You can find a complete demo site here:

http://angeloc.github.io

Unfortunately, this patch cannot be sent with git send-email, cause
css and javascript minified files contains lines longer than the
maximum smtp size.

Hence, I attached the patch in tar.gz format, it's fairly big due to
image and graphics, but couldn't manage to make it smaller.

I removed bootstrap css and javascript from shipping, now they are
served unmodified from their respective cdns, so from now on, the
problem with long lines should be resolved.

Hope you like it!

Sincerely, Angelo

--
Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo
Name: 0001-docs-website-New-website.patch.tar.gz

* [Buildroot] docs/website: New website
@ 2015-10-14  7:17 ` Maxime Hadjinlian
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Maxime Hadjinlian @ 2015-10-14  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Angelo, all

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 9:54 PM, Angelo Compagnucci <
angelo.compagnucci@gmail.com> wrote:

> This patch introduces a new buildroot website based on a modern
> flat layout inspired by material design.
> Each page of the old website is converted to the new css/layout,
> the big bump is in main page which is completely rewritten.
> Content of the old website is copied more or less verbatim,
> planning to add more content in the future.
>
> You can find a complete demo site here:
>
> http://angeloc.github.io

That's really neat ! Thanks a lot for your work. We now have a trully
modern web page.

> Unfortunately, this patch cannot be sent with git send-email, cause
> css and javascript minified files contains lines longer than the
> maximum smtp size.
>
> Hence, I attached the patch in tar.gz format, it's fairly big due to
> image and graphics, but couldn't manage to make it smaller.
>
> I removed bootstrap css and javascript from shipping, now they are
> served unmodified from their respective cdns, so from now on, the
> problem with long lines should be resolved.
>
> Hope you like it!
>
> Sincerely, Angelo
>
> --
> Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] docs/website: New website
@ 2015-10-14  8:02 ` Jörg Krause
From: Jörg Krause @ 2015-10-14  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Di, 2015-10-13 at 21:54 +0200, Angelo Compagnucci wrote:
> This patch introduces a new buildroot website based on a modern
> flat layout inspired by material design.
> Each page of the old website is converted to the new css/layout,
> the big bump is in main page which is completely rewritten.
> Content of the old website is copied more or less verbatim,
> planning to add more content in the future.
>
> You can find a complete demo site here:
>
> http://angeloc.github.io
>
> Unfortunately, this patch cannot be sent with git send-email, cause
> css and javascript minified files contains lines longer than the
> maximum smtp size.
>
> Hence, I attached the patch in tar.gz format, it's fairly big due to
> image and graphics, but couldn't manage to make it smaller.
>
> I removed bootstrap css and javascript from shipping, now they are
> served unmodified from their respective cdns, so from now on, the
> problem with long lines should be resolved.
>
> Hope you like it!

Looks awesome! Many thanks for this!

Best regards
J?rg Krause

* [Buildroot] docs/website: New website
@ 2015-10-14 15:38 ` Steve Calfee
From: Steve Calfee @ 2015-10-14 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Great, works on my Android phone too.

Regards, Steve

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 12:54 PM, Angelo Compagnucci
<angelo.compagnucci@gmail.com> wrote:
> This patch introduces a new buildroot website based on a modern
> flat layout inspired by material design.
> Each page of the old website is converted to the new css/layout,
> the big bump is in main page which is completely rewritten.
> Content of the old website is copied more or less verbatim,
> planning to add more content in the future.
>
> You can find a complete demo site here:
>
> http://angeloc.github.io
>
> Unfortunately, this patch cannot be sent with git send-email, cause
> css and javascript minified files contains lines longer than the
> maximum smtp size.
>
> Hence, I attached the patch in tar.gz format, it's fairly big due to
> image and graphics, but couldn't manage to make it smaller.
>
> I removed bootstrap css and javascript from shipping, now they are
> served unmodified from their respective cdns, so from now on, the
> problem with long lines should be resolved.
>
> Hope you like it!
>
> Sincerely, Angelo
>
> --
> Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo

* [Buildroot] docs/website: New website
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-11-23 22:11 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2015-11-23 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

 > This patch introduces a new buildroot website based on a modern
 > flat layout inspired by material design.
 > Each page of the old website is converted to the new css/layout,
 > the big bump is in main page which is completely rewritten.
 > Content of the old website is copied more or less verbatim,
 > planning to add more content in the future.

 > You can find a complete demo site here:

 > http://angeloc.github.io

Committed (From Thomas' branch at
http://git.free-electrons.com/users/thomas-petazzoni/buildroot/?h=website)
- Thanks!

It looks very nice. I did notice that my browser blocked one of the
external ressources it uses:

https://cdn.rawgit.com/zenorocha/clipboard.js/master/dist/clipboard.min.js

What is this clipboard.js about and any idea why my browser (chrome)
would block it?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] docs/website: New website
@ 2015-11-24  8:32   ` Angelo Compagnucci
From: Angelo Compagnucci @ 2015-11-24  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Dear Peter Korsgaard,

> Hi,
>
>  > This patch introduces a new buildroot website based on a modern
>  > flat layout inspired by material design.
>  > Each page of the old website is converted to the new css/layout,
>  > the big bump is in main page which is completely rewritten.
>  > Content of the old website is copied more or less verbatim,
>  > planning to add more content in the future.
>
>  > You can find a complete demo site here:
>
>  > http://angeloc.github.io
>
> Committed (From Thomas' branch at
> http://git.free-electrons.com/users/thomas-petazzoni/buildroot/?h=website)
> - Thanks!
>
> It looks very nice. I did notice that my browser blocked one of the
> external ressources it uses:
>
> https://cdn.rawgit.com/zenorocha/clipboard.js/master/dist/clipboard.min.js

This scripts makes possible to copy something into your clipboard from
a website and it is used at the download page for the buttons on the
right of textboxes. It works similarly to github copy to clipboard
button.

> What is this clipboard.js about and any idea why my browser (chrome)
> would block it?

Honestly I don't know, probably you have some sort of javascript
filtering, I personally tested this button on the vanilla chrome and
it works.

Sincerely, Angelo

--
Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo