* [Buildroot] Error when building defconfig
@ 2012-09-25 12:38 Maxime Hadjinlian
From: Maxime Hadjinlian @ 2012-09-25 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

I'm using the HEAD of the git tree of buildroot, and I just tried to build a
"default" config. I did : $ cp ./configs/qemu_x86_defconfig .config && make

The menuconfig appeared, I saved the conf and exited. I did not change any
option myself. Then I tried to make again, after a short while, I had this error
:

#error It appears you have defined _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64. Unfortunately, uClibc
was built without large file support enabled.

Followed by many of the same kind.  Enabling large file support in make
menuconfig fix this, but my issue is more the fact that taking a defconfig and
trying to build it doesn't work.

I reproduced the same error with qemu_arm_versatile_defconfig

I tried to look where a patch could be applied, but I'm still very new to
buildroot so... I would need a bit of help :)

* [Buildroot] Error when building defconfig
@ 2012-09-25 12:46 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2012-09-25 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Dear Maxime Hadjinlian,

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 14:38:57 +0200, Maxime Hadjinlian wrote:

> I'm using the HEAD of the git tree of buildroot, and I just tried to
> build a "default" config. I did : $
> cp ./configs/qemu_x86_defconfig .config && make

Wrong way. do:

	make qemu_x86_defconfig
	make

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* [Buildroot] Error when building defconfig
@ 2012-09-25 13:11   ` Maxime Hadjinlian
From: Maxime Hadjinlian @ 2012-09-25 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni@free-electrons.com> wrote:
> Dear Maxime Hadjinlian,
Hi,

> On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 14:38:57 +0200, Maxime Hadjinlian wrote:
>
>> I'm using the HEAD of the git tree of buildroot, and I just tried to
>> build a "default" config. I did : $
>> cp ./configs/qemu_x86_defconfig .config && make
>
> Wrong way. do:
>
>         make qemu_x86_defconfig
>         make

Thanks, I did just that and encountered the same error. (I thought I would since
the .config generated by either methods looks the same, I have not diffed them
so I'm not asserting anything here).

@ 2012-09-25 17:03     ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2012-09-25 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Dear Maxime Hadjinlian,

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:11:57 +0200, Maxime Hadjinlian wrote:

> Thanks, I did just that and encountered the same error. (I thought I
> would since the .config generated by either methods looks the same, I
> have not diffed them so I'm not asserting anything here).

Ok, we will look into this. Thanks for spotting the problem.

Best regards,

Thomas
--

@ 2012-10-09 14:15 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2012-10-09 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 Maxime> Hi,

 Maxime> I'm using the HEAD of the git tree of buildroot, and I just
 Maxime> tried to build a "default" config. I did : $ cp
 Maxime> ./configs/qemu_x86_defconfig .config && make

 Maxime> The menuconfig appeared, I saved the conf and exited. I did not
 Maxime> change any option myself. Then I tried to make again, after a
 Maxime> short while, I had this error :

 Maxime> #error It appears you have defined
 Maxime> _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64. Unfortunately, uClibc was built without
 Maxime> large file support enabled.

You have to do a make clean before changing to a new .config.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] Error when building defconfig
@ 2012-10-09 16:33   ` Maxime Hadjinlian
From: Maxime Hadjinlian @ 2012-10-09 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Peter Korsgaard <jacmet@uclibc.org> wrote:

>  Maxime> Hi,
>
>  Maxime> I'm using the HEAD of the git tree of buildroot, and I just
>  Maxime> tried to build a "default" config. I did : $ cp
>  Maxime> ./configs/qemu_x86_defconfig .config && make
>
>  Maxime> The menuconfig appeared, I saved the conf and exited. I did not
>  Maxime> change any option myself. Then I tried to make again, after a
>  Maxime> short while, I had this error :
>
>  Maxime> #error It appears you have defined
>  Maxime> _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64. Unfortunately, uClibc was built without
>  Maxime> large file support enabled.
>
> You have to do a make clean before changing to a new .config.
When I retryied the whole procuder I did a make clean between each
operation, to be on the safe side.