* kraken rc is out, and kraken is branched!
@ 2016-12-13 23:51 Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2016-12-13 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Please continue to target PRs at master; we will cherry-pick -x them to
kraken.  This isn't quite what we usually do (if there is a "usually"
here), but for RBD we are reverting some half-completed features and we
don't want those to get merged back into master.

Thanks!
sage

* Re: kraken rc is out, and kraken is branched!
@ 2016-12-14 10:14 ` Zhi Zhang
From: Zhi Zhang @ 2016-12-14 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sage Weil; +Cc: ceph-devel

Hi Sage, or others,

Just a quick question. Which ceph version will be the next long term
support after Hammer? Jewel or Kraken or both?

We are using Hammer on production, but still met some bugs which have
been fixed in higher ceph version. And some of the bug fixes are
really not easy to backport because of the code base those fixes
depend on, so we have to fix them or workaround them in our internal
code base. We would like to try avoiding such things later after we
choose a higher version to upgrade. So want to ask for some
suggestions here with stability, compatibility and long-term
supporting into consideration.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Zhi Zhang (David)
Contact: zhang.david2011@gmail.com
              zhangz.david@outlook.com

@ 2016-12-14 14:43   ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2016-12-14 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhi Zhang; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016, Zhi Zhang wrote:
> Hi Sage, or others,
>
> Just a quick question. Which ceph version will be the next long term
> support after Hammer? Jewel or Kraken or both?

Jewel.  The next LTS after that will be Luminous, which is due out in the
spring.

You can find this information here:

	http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/releases/

sage