* OMAP3: DSS questions
@ 2017-01-04 16:25 Yegor Yefremov
From: Yegor Yefremov @ 2017-01-04 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev

I'm trying to get my am3517 board working with 4.10 (porting from
2.6.37). An LCD screen is attached to OMAP DSS using 24 bits. Display
config looks like this in [1].

What DTS options reflectes ".acb = 0x0"?

Btw. I just need a frame buffer device and will use it with Embedded
Qt. Should I nevertheless use DRM flavor as it already provides frame
buffer driver?

drivers/gpu/drm/omapdrm/displays/panel-dpi.c performs either platform
or OF initialization. Platform flavor contains data_lines info, OF -
not. As I'm using OF flavor, how do I get proper data_lines info?

[1] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id™2ee64af66f05e16aa70b475f9ad3047f801185

Yegor

* Re: OMAP3: DSS questions
@ 2017-01-05 16:49 ` Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2017-01-05 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev

* Yegor Yefremov <yegorslists@googlemail.com> [170104 08:27]:
> I'm trying to get my am3517 board working with 4.10 (porting from
> 2.6.37). An LCD screen is attached to OMAP DSS using 24 bits. Display
> config looks like this in [1].
>
> What DTS options reflectes ".acb = 0x0"?
>
> Btw. I just need a frame buffer device and will use it with Embedded
> Qt. Should I nevertheless use DRM flavor as it already provides frame
> buffer driver?
>
> drivers/gpu/drm/omapdrm/displays/panel-dpi.c performs either platform
> or OF initialization. Platform flavor contains data_lines info, OF -
> not. As I'm using OF flavor, how do I get proper data_lines info?

Adding Tomi Valkeinen to Cc.

Tony

@ 2017-01-09  8:17 ` Tomi Valkeinen
From: Tomi Valkeinen @ 2017-01-09  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)