* [Buildroot] simple(?) question about OpenWRT
@ 2013-02-08  3:30 W.P.
From: W.P. @ 2013-02-08  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi there,
I am posting here since OpenWRT build system looks buildroot based.

I'd like to know, how to DISABLE (using menus or something similar) ALL
the *_tables related stuff.
Cause if I disable (now) it, it builds *_tables modules anyway.
And in my application (firmware for MR3220, 4M flash) it is a problem (I
need BlueZ + Bash there :( ).

This device is NOT intended to work as router, only as AP + WDS.
(+AnyRemote host + internet radio).

For now I used (discouraged, I know) "hand crafting" .config file,
but this leads to "your config is out of sync" warning...

W.P.

* [Buildroot] simple(?) question about OpenWRT
@ 2013-02-08  8:33 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2013-02-08  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Dear W.P.,

On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 04:30:10 +0100, W.P. wrote:

> I am posting here since OpenWRT build system looks buildroot based.

OpenWRT forked from Buildroot many, many years ago, and has now very
significantly diverged. This means that people knowing Buildroot
generally don't know much about OpenWRT, unless they learned it
separately.

Therefore, any support request related to OpenWRT is not really useful
on this list, and should instead be directed towards the OpenWRT
mailing list or IRC channel.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* [Buildroot] simple(?) question about OpenWRT
@ 2013-02-08  8:42   ` Yegor Yefremov
From: Yegor Yefremov @ 2013-02-08  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni@free-electrons.com> wrote:
> Dear W.P.,
>
> On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 04:30:10 +0100, W.P. wrote:
>
>> I am posting here since OpenWRT build system looks buildroot based.
>
> OpenWRT forked from Buildroot many, many years ago, and has now very
> significantly diverged. This means that people knowing Buildroot
> generally don't know much about OpenWRT, unless they learned it
> separately.
>
> Therefore, any support request related to OpenWRT is not really useful
> on this list, and should instead be directed towards the OpenWRT
> mailing list or IRC channel.

If you don't really need a web-interface, then you can stick to the
current Buildroot.

Yegor