* nativesdk recipe fails to find cmake config file from another recipe/dependency #sdk
@ 2020-02-21 13:44 Armando Hernandez
From: Armando Hernandez @ 2020-02-21 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello,

I have two recipes (let's call them "recipe-A" and "recipe-B").
Both recipes extend the nativesdk class.
recipe-B depends on recipe-A
When building both recipes for target, everything goes well without any issues.
When building the nativesdk corresponding recipes, recipe-B fails during the task do_configure due to the fact that cmake cannot find the package configuration that corresponds to recipe-A.

On recipe-A.bbappend I have the following lines (recipe-A cmake config file "CommonAPIConfig.cmake" is located under /usr/lib/cmake/CommonAPI):
FILES_${PN}-dev_append_class-nativesdk = " ${includedir_native} ${libdir_native}"
BBCLASSEXTEND = "nativesdk"

Since suche cmake config files was not found, I created a recipe-B.bbappend file with the following content:
EXTRA_OECMAKE_append_class-nativesdk += "-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH:PATH=${libdir_native}/cmake/CommonAPI"

But I keep getting the same error.

Any hints?

Thank you in advance!

Armando Hernandez.

* Re: [yocto] nativesdk recipe fails to find cmake config file from another recipe/dependency #sdk
@ 2020-02-21 19:56 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2020-02-21 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Armando Hernandez; +Cc: yocto

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 5:44 AM Armando Hernandez
<j.armandohernandez.j@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two recipes (let's call them "recipe-A" and "recipe-B").
> Both recipes extend the nativesdk class.
> recipe-B depends on recipe-A
> When building both recipes for target, everything goes well without any issues.
> When building the nativesdk corresponding recipes, recipe-B fails during the task do_configure due to the fact that cmake cannot find the package configuration that corresponds to recipe-A.
>
> On recipe-A.bbappend I have the following lines (recipe-A cmake config file "CommonAPIConfig.cmake" is located under /usr/lib/cmake/CommonAPI):
> FILES_${PN}-dev_append_class-nativesdk = " ${includedir_native} ${libdir_native}"
> BBCLASSEXTEND = "nativesdk"
>
> Since suche cmake config files was not found, I created a recipe-B.bbappend file with the following content:
> EXTRA_OECMAKE_append_class-nativesdk += "-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH:PATH=${libdir_native}/cmake/CommonAPI"
>

> But I keep getting the same error.
>
> Any hints?

check DEPENDS how are they specified in recipes, it might get
overwritten in some cases for extended
recipes if overrides are in use on depends. Secondly, check the build
tree for failing recipe and see if
it has staged the content from other recipe which it depends on.

@ 2020-02-24 15:30   ` Armando Hernandez
From: Armando Hernandez @ 2020-02-24 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto