* branches not building?
@ 2019-03-05 16:46 'Todd Kjos' via info
From: 'Todd Kjos' via info @ 2019-03-05 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info

A bunch of our Android branches were modified yesterday, but there were no
kernelci builds... are they no longer being tested? Here's a list of
branches that had changes yesterday and haven't been built:

android-3.18-o-release
android-3.18-o-mr1
android-4.4-o-release
android-4.4-o-mr1
android-4.4-p-release
android-4.9-o-release
android-4.9-o-mr1
android-4.9-p-release
android-4.14-p-release

They were changed at about 4pm PST yesterday (~16 hours ago) which is
normally plenty of time to get kernelci results...

-Todd

* Re: branches not building?
@ 2019-03-05 17:06 ` Guenter Roeck
From: Guenter Roeck @ 2019-03-05 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, info

https://kernelci.org/job/ suggests that there have been several builds
since yesterday. Maybe the build system was busy.

Guenter

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 8:49 AM 'Todd Kjos' via info <info@kernelci.org>
wrote:

> A bunch of our Android branches were modified yesterday, but there were no
> kernelci builds... are they no longer being tested? Here's a list of
> branches that had changes yesterday and haven't been built:
>
> android-3.18-o-release
> android-3.18-o-mr1
> android-4.4-o-release
> android-4.4-o-mr1
> android-4.4-p-release
> android-4.9-o-release
> android-4.9-o-mr1
> android-4.9-p-release
> android-4.14-p-release
>
> They were changed at about 4pm PST yesterday (~16 hours ago) which is
> normally plenty of time to get kernelci results...
>
> -Todd

* Re: branches not building?
@ 2019-03-06 15:01   ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2019-03-06 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, groeck; +Cc: info

On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 09:06:12AM -0800, Guenter Roeck via Groups.Io wrote:
> https://kernelci.org/job/ suggests that there have been several builds
> since yesterday. Maybe the build system was busy.

Yes, there was a fairly large backlog for a good chunk of yesterday.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: branches not building?
@ 2019-03-06 15:54   ` Guillaume Tucker
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2019-03-06 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, groeck; +Cc: info

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 5:06 PM Guenter Roeck via Groups.Io <groeck=
google.com@groups.io> wrote:

> https://kernelci.org/job/ suggests that there have been several builds
> since yesterday. Maybe the build system was busy.
>
> Guenter
>
> On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 8:49 AM 'Todd Kjos' via info <info@kernelci.org>
> wrote:
>
>> A bunch of our Android branches were modified yesterday, but there were
>> no kernelci builds... are they no longer being tested? Here's a list of
>> branches that had changes yesterday and haven't been built:
>>
>> android-3.18-o-release
>> android-3.18-o-mr1
>> android-4.4-o-release
>> android-4.4-o-mr1
>> android-4.4-p-release
>> android-4.9-o-release
>> android-4.9-o-mr1
>> android-4.9-p-release
>> android-4.14-p-release
>>
>> They were changed at about 4pm PST yesterday (~16 hours ago) which is
>> normally plenty of time to get kernelci results...

Err, I think these release branches might have been lost in
translation during the move from Jenkins Matrix job configuration
to the new YAML-based configuration.  I don't see them in the
file:

https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/blob/5b8b00504e930d13645162a6e308e4ba0b1f0c51/build-configs.yaml#L188

Can you confirm you still don't have the build results you
expected?  In which case I can make a pull request to add them.
I have to say that's quite a large number of downstream branches
though...

Guillaume

* Re: branches not building?
@ 2019-03-06 16:48     ` Matt Hart
From: Matt Hart @ 2019-03-06 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, Guillaume Tucker; +Cc: Guenter Roeck, info

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 15:54, Guillaume Tucker
<guillaume.tucker@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 5:06 PM Guenter Roeck via Groups.Io <groeck=google.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>
>> https://kernelci.org/job/ suggests that there have been several builds since yesterday. Maybe the build system was busy.
>>
>> Guenter
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 8:49 AM 'Todd Kjos' via info <info@kernelci.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> A bunch of our Android branches were modified yesterday, but there were no kernelci builds... are they no longer being tested? Here's a list of branches that had changes yesterday and haven't been built:
>>>
>>> android-3.18-o-release
>>> android-3.18-o-mr1
>>> android-4.4-o-release
>>> android-4.4-o-mr1
>>> android-4.4-p-release
>>> android-4.9-o-release
>>> android-4.9-o-mr1
>>> android-4.9-p-release
>>> android-4.14-p-release
>>>
>>> They were changed at about 4pm PST yesterday (~16 hours ago) which is normally plenty of time to get kernelci results...
>

> Err, I think these release branches might have been lost in
> translation during the move from Jenkins Matrix job configuration
> to the new YAML-based configuration.  I don't see them in the
> file:
>
>   https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/blob/5b8b00504e930d13645162a6e308e4ba0b1f0c51/build-configs.yaml#L188

So from my email history I see that most of those were supposed to
have been re-enabled in october 2018 but looks like they weren't, and
so were forgotten in the changes to YAML configs.
I can fix that with a PR as needed.

> Can you confirm you still don't have the build results you
> expected?  In which case I can make a pull request to add them.
> I have to say that's quite a large number of downstream branches
> though...

I am expecting to move the GCE builders from staging (that are currently
only doing clang) over to production (to join the normal build pools) as
soon as my PR to move clang to production is finished.

In any case, I've got access to spin up more GCE builders as needed
so if we add these trees and the queue is growing, I can add capacity in
short order.

> Guillaume

* Re: branches not building?
@ 2019-03-15 21:04 ` 'Todd Kjos' via info
From: 'Todd Kjos' via info @ 2019-03-15 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info

Ping.

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 8:46 AM Todd Kjos <tkjos@google.com> wrote:

> A bunch of our Android branches were modified yesterday, but there were no kernelci builds... are they no longer being tested? Here's a list of branches that had changes yesterday and haven't been built:
>
> android-3.18-o-release
> android-3.18-o-mr1
> android-4.4-o-release
> android-4.4-o-mr1
> android-4.4-p-release
> android-4.9-o-release
> android-4.9-o-mr1
> android-4.9-p-release
> android-4.14-p-release
>
> They were changed at about 4pm PST yesterday (~16 hours ago) which is normally plenty of time to get kernelci results...
>
> -Todd

* Re: branches not building?
@ 2019-03-15 21:07   ` 'Todd Kjos' via info
       [not found]     ` <158C4016687FAA35.2550@groups.io>
From: 'Todd Kjos' via info @ 2019-03-15 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info

BTW- these all were included in the builds in February (for example:
https://kernelci.org/job/android/branch/android-4.9-o-release/), but
apparently were disabled we updated them in early March. These tend to
get updated once-a-month when the Android Security Bulletin comes out.
If possible, I'd like them to work for the April ASB (5 Apr 2019).

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 2:04 PM Todd Kjos <tkjos@google.com> wrote:

> Ping.
>
> On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 8:46 AM Todd Kjos <tkjos@google.com> wrote:
> >
> > A bunch of our Android branches were modified yesterday, but there were no kernelci builds... are they no longer being tested? Here's a list of branches that had changes yesterday and haven't been built:
> >
> > android-3.18-o-release
> > android-3.18-o-mr1
> > android-4.4-o-release
> > android-4.4-o-mr1
> > android-4.4-p-release
> > android-4.9-o-release
> > android-4.9-o-mr1
> > android-4.9-p-release
> > android-4.14-p-release
> >
> > They were changed at about 4pm PST yesterday (~16 hours ago) which is normally plenty of time to get kernelci results...
> >
> > -Todd

* Re: branches not building?
@ 2019-03-15 21:47     ` Guillaume Tucker
       [not found]     ` <158C4016687FAA35.2550@groups.io>
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2019-03-15 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, info

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 9:43 PM 'Todd Kjos' via info <info@kernelci.org>
wrote:

> BTW- these all were included in the builds in February (for example:
> https://kernelci.org/job/android/branch/android-4.9-o-release/), but
> apparently were disabled we updated them in early March. These tend to
> get updated once-a-month when the Android Security Bulletin comes out.
> If possible, I'd like them to work for the April ASB (5 Apr 2019).

I've just done an upgrade of the kernelci.org production code and
these branches have been added as part of the changes.  They
should get built later tonight from the February release.

Details about what is going into production can be found here:

  https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/pull/25

Best wishes,
Guillaume

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 2:04 PM Todd Kjos <tkjos@google.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ping.
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 8:46 AM Todd Kjos <tkjos@google.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > A bunch of our Android branches were modified yesterday, but there
> were no kernelci builds... are they no longer being tested? Here's a list
> of branches that had changes yesterday and haven't been built:
> > >
> > > android-3.18-o-release
> > > android-3.18-o-mr1
> > > android-4.4-o-release
> > > android-4.4-o-mr1
> > > android-4.4-p-release
> > > android-4.9-o-release
> > > android-4.9-o-mr1
> > > android-4.9-p-release
> > > android-4.14-p-release
> > >
> > > They were changed at about 4pm PST yesterday (~16 hours ago) which is
> normally plenty of time to get kernelci results...
> > >
> > > -Todd

* Re: branches not building?
       [not found]     ` <158C4016687FAA35.2550@groups.io>
@ 2019-03-15 21:49       ` Guillaume Tucker