* [oe] [meta-oe] android-tools: Add flag to enable adbd service (#147)
@ 2021-11-16 14:49 Daniel Gomez
From: Daniel Gomez @ 2021-11-16 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core, Khem Raj, devendra.tewari

Hi Devendra and Khem,

I'd like to ask about the 'recent' commit you integrated in the
android-tools recipe a few months ago:
http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/android-tools/android-tools_5.1.1.r37.bb?id=4271cc28279b79140fc6bbde32c9110aec8d1d86

Basically, you are adding a postprocess rootfs command to the $PN-adbd
package to include the '/var/usb-debugging-enabled' file in your
rootfs image or not using the 'ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND_${PN}-adbd
+=' line.
I wonder if this is a new feature or perhaps an error, as I'm trying
to implement it in dunfell and it does not work as expected. Should
this work also in dunfell? Are the rootfs postprocess commands
executed inside the recipe?

Well, what I'm trying to do is to include a configuration file for the
dropbear recipe based on the IMAGE_BASENAME so I can include different
files depending on the image at recipe level. It works fine if I move
everything to the image recipe:

meta-qtec-distro/recipes-core/dropbear $ cat dropbear_%.bbappend
dropbear () {
    touch ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}${sysconfdir}/file1
}

dropbear2 () {
    touch ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}${sysconfdir}/file2
}

PACKAGES =+ "${PN}-conf"

ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND_${PN}-conf +=
"${@bb.utils.contains("IMAGE_BASENAME", "poky-qtec-image-netboot",
"dropbear;", "dropbear2;", d)}"

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Daniel

* Re: [oe] [meta-oe] android-tools: Add flag to enable adbd service (#147)
@ 2021-11-16 18:17 ` Devendra Tewari
From: Devendra Tewari @ 2021-11-16 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Gomez; +Cc: openembedded-core, Khem Raj

Hi Daniel,

> Em 16 de nov. de 2021, à(s) 11:49, Daniel Gomez <daniel@qtec.com> escreveu:
>
> Hi Devendra and Khem,
>
> I'd like to ask about the 'recent' commit you integrated in the
> android-tools recipe a few months ago:
> http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/android-tools/android-tools_5.1.1.r37.bb?id=4271cc28279b79140fc6bbde32c9110aec8d1d86
>
> Basically, you are adding a postprocess rootfs command to the $PN-adbd
> package to include the '/var/usb-debugging-enabled' file in your
> rootfs image or not using the 'ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND_${PN}-adbd
> +=' line.
> I wonder if this is a new feature or perhaps an error, as I'm trying
> to implement it in dunfell and it does not work as expected. Should
> this work also in dunfell? Are the rootfs postprocess commands
> executed inside the recipe?

I verified it at the time (on master pre hardknott) with rpi-sdimg image type (from meta-raspberrypi) set in IMAGE_FSTYPES. Later, I tried to get it to work with wic / bmap image fs type but haven’t been able to.

> Well, what I'm trying to do is to include a configuration file for the
> dropbear recipe based on the IMAGE_BASENAME so I can include different
> files depending on the image at recipe level. It works fine if I move
> everything to the image recipe:
>
> meta-qtec-distro/recipes-core/dropbear $ cat dropbear_%.bbappend
> dropbear () {
>    touch ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}${sysconfdir}/file1
> }
>
> dropbear2 () {
>    touch ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}${sysconfdir}/file2
> }
>
> PACKAGES =+ "${PN}-conf"
>
> ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND_${PN}-conf +=
> "${@bb.utils.contains("IMAGE_BASENAME", "poky-qtec-image-netboot",
> "dropbear;", "dropbear2;", d)}"
> Any ideas?

Official documentation is not clear where all  ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND can be used, but using it in image recipes works reliably for me.

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Daniel

Regards,
Devendra

* Re: [oe] [meta-oe] android-tools: Add flag to enable adbd service (#147)
@ 2021-11-16 18:47   ` Daniel Gomez
From: Daniel Gomez @ 2021-11-16 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Devendra Tewari; +Cc: openembedded-core, Khem Raj

On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 at 19:17, Devendra Tewari <devendra.tewari@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Em 16 de nov. de 2021, à(s) 11:49, Daniel Gomez <daniel@qtec.com> escreveu:
>
> Hi Devendra and Khem,
>
> I'd like to ask about the 'recent' commit you integrated in the
> android-tools recipe a few months ago:
> http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/android-tools/android-tools_5.1.1.r37.bb?id=4271cc28279b79140fc6bbde32c9110aec8d1d86
>
> Basically, you are adding a postprocess rootfs command to the $PN-adbd
> package to include the '/var/usb-debugging-enabled' file in your
> rootfs image or not using the 'ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND_${PN}-adbd
> +=' line.
> I wonder if this is a new feature or perhaps an error, as I'm trying
> to implement it in dunfell and it does not work as expected. Should
> this work also in dunfell? Are the rootfs postprocess commands
>
> executed inside the recipe?
>

> I verified it at the time (on master pre hardknott) with rpi-sdimg image type (from meta-raspberrypi) set in IMAGE_FSTYPES. Later, I tried to get it to work with wic / bmap image fs type but haven’t been able to.
Thanks for the confirmation. I'm using wic+dunfell and it didn't work.
I'll try to replicate it with the honister release to see if it works
there.

> Well, what I'm trying to do is to include a configuration file for the
> dropbear recipe based on the IMAGE_BASENAME so I can include different
> files depending on the image at recipe level. It works fine if I move
> everything to the image recipe:
>
> meta-qtec-distro/recipes-core/dropbear $ cat dropbear_%.bbappend
> dropbear () {
>    touch ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}${sysconfdir}/file1
> }
>
> dropbear2 () {
>    touch ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}${sysconfdir}/file2
> }
>
> PACKAGES =+ "${PN}-conf"
>
> ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND_${PN}-conf +=
> "${@bb.utils.contains("IMAGE_BASENAME", "poky-qtec-image-netboot",
> "dropbear;", "dropbear2;", d)}"
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Official documentation is not clear where all  ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND can be used, but using it in image recipes works reliably for me.
Thanks again. I'll do some more testing then.

@ 2021-11-16 18:51     ` Devendra Tewari
From: Devendra Tewari @ 2021-11-16 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Gomez; +Cc: openembedded-core, Khem Raj

> On 16 Nov 2021, at 15:47, Daniel Gomez <daniel@qtec.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 at 19:17, Devendra Tewari <devendra.tewari@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> Em 16 de nov. de 2021, à(s) 11:49, Daniel Gomez <daniel@qtec.com> escreveu:
>>
>> Hi Devendra and Khem,
>>
>> I'd like to ask about the 'recent' commit you integrated in the
>> android-tools recipe a few months ago:
>> http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/android-tools/android-tools_5.1.1.r37.bb?id=4271cc28279b79140fc6bbde32c9110aec8d1d86
>>
>> Basically, you are adding a postprocess rootfs command to the $PN-adbd
>> package to include the '/var/usb-debugging-enabled' file in your
>> rootfs image or not using the 'ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND_${PN}-adbd
>> +=' line.
>> I wonder if this is a new feature or perhaps an error, as I'm trying
>> to implement it in dunfell and it does not work as expected. Should
>> this work also in dunfell? Are the rootfs postprocess commands
>>
>> executed inside the recipe?
>>

>> I verified it at the time (on master pre hardknott) with rpi-sdimg image type (from meta-raspberrypi) set in IMAGE_FSTYPES. Later, I tried to get it to work with wic / bmap image fs type but haven’t been able to.
> Thanks for the confirmation. I'm using wic+dunfell and it didn't work.
> I'll try to replicate it with the honister release to see if it works
> there.

I’ve tried with honister and it doesn’t work for me.

>> Well, what I'm trying to do is to include a configuration file for the
>> dropbear recipe based on the IMAGE_BASENAME so I can include different
>> files depending on the image at recipe level. It works fine if I move
>> everything to the image recipe:
>>
>> meta-qtec-distro/recipes-core/dropbear $ cat dropbear_%.bbappend
>> dropbear () {
>>   touch ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}${sysconfdir}/file1
>> }
>>
>> dropbear2 () {
>>   touch ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}${sysconfdir}/file2
>> }
>>
>> PACKAGES =+ "${PN}-conf"
>>
>> ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND_${PN}-conf +=
>> "${@bb.utils.contains("IMAGE_BASENAME", "poky-qtec-image-netboot",
>> "dropbear;", "dropbear2;", d)}"
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

>> Official documentation is not clear where all  ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND can be used, but using it in image recipes works reliably for me.
> Thanks again. I'll do some more testing then.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Daniel
>>

>> Regards,
>> Devendra