* ksmbd security review status wiki page
@ 2021-09-22  2:59 Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2021-09-22  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CIFS; +Cc: ronnie sahlberg, Namjae Jeon

It was suggested that we help the ksmbd developers track the security
features (and bugs) very carefully, by creating a wiki page showing
the status of the reviews, and allowing others to contribute to the
reviews and help verify that all missed checks are added.  Namjae,
Hyunchal and others have done a great job responding quickly to recent
problems that have been identified, but it is important that we go
through this carefully.  See

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Ksmbd-review

This page includes detailed descriptions of the types of checks:
 - by protocol operation
- and also specifically for path name processing (for open, and query
dir and rename e.g.)
- and a list of all key functions that need to be rereviewed for any
security issues (we have made a start on reviewing some of them and
marking when reviewed on the page)
- and also the current implemented set of SMB3.1.1 security features in ksmbd

It would be a big help if others look through the list in the wiki
page above, add anything they see missing, and help updated the
missing information, and add reviews where possible so we can work
through any additional security bugs in ksmbd rapidly.

Feel free to update or improve the wiki page.

Steve

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-09-22  3:00 UTC | newest]