* OpenBMC Fix-It
@ 2018-06-07 16:22 Jayashankar Padath
From: Jayashankar Padath @ 2018-06-07 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yuenn, openbmc

Hi Nancy,

Please count me in.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Jayashankar

From:   Nancy Yuen <yuenn at google.com>
To:     OpenBMC Maillist <openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org>
Date:   05/09/2018 01:00 AM
Subject:        OpenBMC Fix-It
Sent by:        "openbmc"
<openbmc-bounces+ngorugan=in.ibm.com at lists.ozlabs.org>

Please join my team for an OpenBMC  community "fix-it" event in June!

My team is devoting the week of 6/11/-15 to a Google OpenBMC "fix it" as
part of a larger fix-it initiative. OpenBMC is a large part of our project
so I'd like to spend part of the week on a fix-it on OpenBMC.

I propose to have the fix it on Tues and Wed 6/12 & 6/13.  We could set up
an IRC channel for the fix it where everyone participating would hang out
for the day.  We could pick one or two areas to focus on for those days,
put together a list of things to "fix" in those areas ahead of time.  On
the day, we all tackle things on the list (or something not on the list),
discuss over IRC and do code reviews.  Inevitably, people have meetings or
things they can't get out of, but if you can be available for most of the
day, that would be enough!

Anyone interested in participating?

----------
Nancy

* Re: OpenBMC Fix-It
@ 2018-06-07 17:54 ` Nancy Yuen
From: Nancy Yuen @ 2018-06-07 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jayashankar Padath; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

Hi Jayashankar,

That's great!  Check out fix it ideas on this spreadsheet
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S8h68UPVTh3Fc79P6Az-95JEFiGesTce3M--y0IDLaA>.
Feel free to add other ideas there.  See the guidelines I posted here
<https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2018-June/011963.html>.

----------
Nancy

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 9:22 AM, Jayashankar Padath <
jayashankarpadath@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nancy,
>
> Please count me in.
>
> Thanks and Best Regards,
> Jayashankar
>
> From:   Nancy Yuen <yuenn at google.com>
> To:     OpenBMC Maillist <openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org>
> Date:   05/09/2018 01:00 AM
> Subject:        OpenBMC Fix-It
> Sent by:        "openbmc"
> <openbmc-bounces+ngorugan=in.ibm.com at lists.ozlabs.org>
>

> Please join my team for an OpenBMC  community "fix-it" event in June!
>
> My team is devoting the week of 6/11/-15 to a Google OpenBMC "fix it" as
> part of a larger fix-it initiative. OpenBMC is a large part of our project
> so I'd like to spend part of the week on a fix-it on OpenBMC.
>
> I propose to have the fix it on Tues and Wed 6/12 & 6/13.  We could set up
> an IRC channel for the fix it where everyone participating would hang out
> for the day.  We could pick one or two areas to focus on for those days,
> put together a list of things to "fix" in those areas ahead of time.  On
> the day, we all tackle things on the list (or something not on the list),
> discuss over IRC and do code reviews.  Inevitably, people have meetings or
> things they can't get out of, but if you can be available for most of the
> day, that would be enough!
>
> Anyone interested in participating?
>
> ----------
> Nancy

* Re: OpenBMC Fix-It
@ 2018-06-07 18:17   ` Jayashankar Padath
From: Jayashankar Padath @ 2018-06-07 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yuenn; +Cc: openbmc

Sure thanks Nancy.

Best Regards,
jay

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 11:24 PM Nancy Yuen <yuenn@google.com> wrote:

> Hi Jayashankar,
>
> That's great!  Check out fix it ideas on this spreadsheet
> <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S8h68UPVTh3Fc79P6Az-95JEFiGesTce3M--y0IDLaA>.
> Feel free to add other ideas there.  See the guidelines I posted here
> <https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2018-June/011963.html>.
>
> ----------
> Nancy
>
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 9:22 AM, Jayashankar Padath <
> jayashankarpadath@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nancy,
>>
>> Please count me in.
>>
>> Thanks and Best Regards,
>> Jayashankar
>>
>> From:   Nancy Yuen <yuenn at google.com>
>> To:     OpenBMC Maillist <openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org>
>> Date:   05/09/2018 01:00 AM
>> Subject:        OpenBMC Fix-It
>> Sent by:        "openbmc"
>> <openbmc-bounces+ngorugan=in.ibm.com at lists.ozlabs.org>
>>

>> Please join my team for an OpenBMC  community "fix-it" event in June!
>>
>> My team is devoting the week of 6/11/-15 to a Google OpenBMC "fix it" as
>> part of a larger fix-it initiative. OpenBMC is a large part of our
>> project
>> so I'd like to spend part of the week on a fix-it on OpenBMC.
>>
>> I propose to have the fix it on Tues and Wed 6/12 & 6/13.  We could set
>> up
>> an IRC channel for the fix it where everyone participating would hang out
>> for the day.  We could pick one or two areas to focus on for those days,
>> put together a list of things to "fix" in those areas ahead of time.  On
>> the day, we all tackle things on the list (or something not on the list),
>> discuss over IRC and do code reviews.  Inevitably, people have meetings
>> or
>> things they can't get out of, but if you can be available for most of the
>> day, that would be enough!
>>
>> Anyone interested in participating?
>>
>> ----------
>> Nancy

* Re: OpenBMC Fix-It
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-05-31 16:57 ` Nagaraju Goruganti
From: Nagaraju Goruganti @ 2018-05-31 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nancy Yuen; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

Hi Nancy,

I am in.

Regards,
Nagaraju G

From:   Nancy Yuen <yuenn@google.com>
To:     OpenBMC Maillist <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
Date:   05/09/2018 01:00 AM
Sent by:        "openbmc"
<openbmc-bounces+ngorugan=in.ibm.com@lists.ozlabs.org>

[...]

                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-05-31 16:10 ` Devender Rao
From: Devender Rao @ 2018-05-31 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrew; +Cc: openbmc, yuenn

* Re: OpenBMC Fix-It
@ 2018-05-22  2:19 ` Andrew Jeffery
From: Andrew Jeffery @ 2018-05-22  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nancy Yuen, OpenBMC Maillist

On Wed, 9 May 2018, at 04:58, Nancy Yuen wrote:
> Please join my team for an OpenBMC  community "fix-it" event in June!
>
> My team is devoting the week of 6/11/-15 to a Google OpenBMC "fix it" as
> part of a larger fix-it initiative. OpenBMC is a large part of our project
> so I'd like to spend part of the week on a fix-it on OpenBMC.
>
> I propose to have the fix it on Tues and Wed 6/12 & 6/13.  We could set up
> an IRC channel for the fix it where everyone participating would hang out
> for the day.  We could pick one or two areas to focus on for those days,
> put together a list of things to "fix" in those areas ahead of time.  On
> the day, we all tackle things on the list (or something not on the list),
> discuss over IRC and do code reviews.  Inevitably, people have meetings or
> things they can't get out of, but if you can be available for most of the
> day, that would be enough!
>
> Anyone interested in participating?

Count me in :)

* Re: OpenBMC Fix-It
@ 2018-05-21 14:26       ` krtaylor
From: krtaylor @ 2018-05-21 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

On 5/20/18 9:59 PM, Lei YU wrote:

> On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 3:13 AM, Nancy Yuen <yuenn@google.com> wrote:
>> :D Happy to have you for any part of it Joel!
>>
>> ----------
>> Nancy
>>
>> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 5:43 AM, Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au> wrote:
>>> Hi Nancy,

>>> I would be, as much as is practical given timezones :)
> I would be interested and would like to fix unit tests in sdbusplus.
> But I'm not sure a different timezone (GMT+8) is OK or not :D
That's the great thing about a virtual sprint - IRC never closes. As
long as we track work and progress in an open list/document, as people
come on line, they just take the next bug and run with it. Those that
are available in the same time zone can work together via IRC. I am sure
that others participating would love to wake up and see bugs fixed
overnight. Successful vSprints require everyone to be committed to
staying focused on the tasks and communicating everything in IRC.

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)

* Re: OpenBMC Fix-It
@ 2018-05-21  2:59     ` Lei YU
From: Lei YU @ 2018-05-21  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nancy Yuen; +Cc: Joel Stanley, OpenBMC Maillist

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 3:13 AM, Nancy Yuen <yuenn@google.com> wrote:
> :D Happy to have you for any part of it Joel!
>
> ----------
> Nancy
>
> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 5:43 AM, Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nancy,
>>
>> On 9 May 2018 at 04:58, Nancy Yuen <yuenn@google.com> wrote:
>> > Please join my team for an OpenBMC  community "fix-it" event in June!
>> >
>> > My team is devoting the week of 6/11/-15 to a Google OpenBMC "fix it" as
>> > part of a larger fix-it initiative. OpenBMC is a large part of our
>> > project
>> > so I'd like to spend part of the week on a fix-it on OpenBMC.
>>
>> > Anyone interested in participating?
>>
>> I would be, as much as is practical given timezones :)

I would be interested and would like to fix unit tests in sdbusplus.
But I'm not sure a different timezone (GMT+8) is OK or not :D

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Joel

* Re: OpenBMC Fix-It
@ 2018-05-18 19:15   ` Nancy Yuen
From: Nancy Yuen @ 2018-05-18 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: krtaylor; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

Next week I will post a shared doc where everyone can submit ideas for
things to work on.

----------
Nancy

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 6:59 AM, krtaylor <kurt.r.taylor@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/8/18 2:28 PM, Nancy Yuen wrote:
>
> Please join my team for an OpenBMC  community "fix-it" event in June!
>
> My team is devoting the week of 6/11/-15 to a Google OpenBMC "fix it" as
> part of a larger fix-it initiative. OpenBMC is a large part of our project
> so I'd like to spend part of the week on a fix-it on OpenBMC.
>
> I propose to have the fix it on Tues and Wed 6/12 & 6/13.  We could set up
> an IRC channel for the fix it where everyone participating would hang out
> for the day.  We could pick one or two areas to
>
> I'd say let's just use the #openbmc channel, it may pull in others as you
> move along.
>
> focus on for those days, put together a list of things to "fix" in those
> areas ahead of time.  On the day, we all tackle things on the list (or
> something not on the list), discuss over IRC and do code reviews.
> Inevitably, people have meetings or things they can't get out of, but if
> you can be available for most of the day, that would be enough!
>
> Anyone interested in participating?
>
> I'm in.
>
> Thanks for organizing this Nancy!
>
> Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)

* Re: OpenBMC Fix-It
@ 2018-05-18 19:13   ` Nancy Yuen
From: Nancy Yuen @ 2018-05-18 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Stanley; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

:D Happy to have you for any part of it Joel!

----------
Nancy

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 5:43 AM, Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au> wrote:

> Hi Nancy,
>
> On 9 May 2018 at 04:58, Nancy Yuen <yuenn@google.com> wrote:
> > Please join my team for an OpenBMC  community "fix-it" event in June!
> >
> > My team is devoting the week of 6/11/-15 to a Google OpenBMC "fix it" as
> > part of a larger fix-it initiative. OpenBMC is a large part of our
> project
> > so I'd like to spend part of the week on a fix-it on OpenBMC.
>
> > Anyone interested in participating?
>
> I would be, as much as is practical given timezones :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joel

* Re: OpenBMC Fix-It
@ 2018-05-10 13:59 ` krtaylor
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: krtaylor @ 2018-05-10 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

On 5/8/18 2:28 PM, Nancy Yuen wrote:
> Please join my team for an OpenBMC community "fix-it" event in June!
>
> My team is devoting the week of 6/11/-15 to a Google OpenBMC "fix it"
> as part of a larger fix-it initiative. OpenBMC is a large part of our
> project so I'd like to spend part of the week on a fix-it on OpenBMC.
>
> I propose to have the fix it on Tues and Wed 6/12 & 6/13.  We could
> set up an IRC channel for the fix it where everyone participating
> would hang out for the day. We could pick one or two areas to
I'd say let's just use the #openbmc channel, it may pull in others as
you move along.
> focus on for those days, put together a list of things to "fix" in
> those areas ahead of time.  On the day, we all tackle things on the
> list (or something not on the list), discuss over IRC and do code
> reviews. Inevitably, people have meetings or things they can't get out
> of, but if you can be available for most of the day, that would be enough!
>
> Anyone interested in participating?

I'm in.

Thanks for organizing this Nancy!

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)

* Re: OpenBMC Fix-It
@ 2018-05-10 12:43 ` Joel Stanley
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Joel Stanley @ 2018-05-10 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nancy Yuen; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

Hi Nancy,

On 9 May 2018 at 04:58, Nancy Yuen <yuenn@google.com> wrote:
> Please join my team for an OpenBMC  community "fix-it" event in June!
>
> My team is devoting the week of 6/11/-15 to a Google OpenBMC "fix it" as
> part of a larger fix-it initiative. OpenBMC is a large part of our project
> so I'd like to spend part of the week on a fix-it on OpenBMC.

> Anyone interested in participating?

I would be, as much as is practical given timezones :)

Cheers,

Joel

* OpenBMC Fix-It
@ 2018-05-08 19:28 Nancy Yuen