* Workshop on Real-Time Scheduling in the Linux Kernel (RTS-LIKE) [was SCHED_DEADLINE hands-on workshop]
@ 2014-06-09  7:55 Juri Lelli
From: Juri Lelli @ 2014-06-09  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rt-users

[Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announce]

   Workshop on Real-Time Scheduling in the Linux Kernel (RTS-LIKE)
			   June 26-27, 2014
		      Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
			     Pisa, Italy

	   ***** Registration deadline June 19, 2014 *****

  Web site: http://retis.sssup.it/rts-like/

Since  March  30 2014,  the  new  scheduling  class SCHED_DEADLINE  is
available in  the Linux kernel (from version  3.14).  This opportunity
enables  the enforcement  of a  real-time behavior  to  the scheduled
threads.

The Workshop  on Real-Time Scheduling  in the Linux  Kernel (RTS-LIKE)
aims  at  introducing  the   participants  to  real-time  issues  when
scheduling threads, and present how this issues are addressed with the
SCHED_DEADLINE scheduling class.

Finally,  the  SCHED_DEADLINE internals  and  the current  development
status  will be presented,  as well  as an  open discussion  on future
directions of the Linux kernel scheduler

PROGRAM

Thursday 26/06/2014
  Morning
    - Welcome
    - Real-time  scheduling and threads:  basics (Luca  Abeni, Giorgio
      Buttazzo)
    - SCHED_DEADLINE: presentation, how to use it (Juri Lelli)
    - Use cases with time-sensitive characteristics (contributors)
  Lunch break
  Afternoon
    - hands-on  session: play  with SCHED_DEADLINE:  participants will
      attach SCHED_DEADLINE to the preferred application
  Social event (dinner in Marina di Pisa)

Friday 27/06/2014
  Morning
    - Overview  of  the  Linux  scheduler  framework  (speaker  to  be
      confirmed)
    - SCHED_DEADLINE: internals  and current development  status (Juri
      Lelli)
    - Panel  on open  problems  and future  development directions  in
      Linux kernel scheduler
  Lunch break
  Afternoon
    - hands-on session: modify, compile, and debug your own kernel

MORE INFO

Details about live streaming and workshop recorded sessions will
follow shortly.

IMPORTANT DATES

      Registration deadline:               June 19, 2014
      Workshop:                            June 26-27, 2014

ORGANIZERS

  Luca Abeni, University of Trento
  Enrico Bini, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Pisa
  Juri Lelli, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Pisa

* Re: Workshop on Real-Time Scheduling in the Linux Kernel (RTS-LIKE) [was SCHED_DEADLINE hands-on workshop]
@ 2014-06-25 19:08 ` Juri Lelli
From: Juri Lelli @ 2014-06-25 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rt-users

Hi all,

On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 09:55:03 +0200
Juri Lelli <juri.lelli@gmail.com> wrote:

> [Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announce]

>    Workshop on Real-Time Scheduling in the Linux Kernel (RTS-LIKE)
> 			   June 26-27, 2014
> 		      Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
> 			     Pisa, Italy
>
> 	   ***** Registration deadline June 19, 2014 *****

>   Web site: http://retis.sssup.it/rts-like/

We are almost ready!

> MORE INFO
>
> Details about live streaming and workshop recorded sessions will
> follow shortly.

Definitive schedule and all info on the web site:
http://retis.sssup.it/rts-like/program.html

See you tomorrow,

- Juri

* Re: Workshop on Real-Time Scheduling in the Linux Kernel (RTS-LIKE) [was SCHED_DEADLINE hands-on workshop]
@ 2014-06-25 19:15   ` Pavel Vasilyev
From: Pavel Vasilyev @ 2014-06-25 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Lelli, linux-rt-users

25.06.2014 23:08, Juri Lelli пишет:

> Definitive schedule and all info on the web site:
> http://retis.sssup.it/rts-like/program.html
>
> See you tomorrow,

Wow!!! Cool!!! Will look....

--

                                                          Pavel.

* Re: Workshop on Real-Time Scheduling in the Linux Kernel (RTS-LIKE) [was SCHED_DEADLINE hands-on workshop]
@ 2014-06-26  6:30   ` Christian Gmeiner
From: Christian Gmeiner @ 2014-06-26  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Lelli; +Cc: linux-rt-users

Hi

> On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 09:55:03 +0200
> Juri Lelli <juri.lelli@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announce]

>>    Workshop on Real-Time Scheduling in the Linux Kernel (RTS-LIKE)
>>                          June 26-27, 2014
>>                     Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
>>                            Pisa, Italy
>>
>>          ***** Registration deadline June 19, 2014 *****

>>   Web site: http://retis.sssup.it/rts-like/
>>

> We are almost ready!

>> MORE INFO
>>
>> Details about live streaming and workshop recorded sessions will
>> follow shortly.
>>

> Definitive schedule and all info on the web site:
> http://retis.sssup.it/rts-like/program.html

Nice! Will the streamed talks be available on YouTube after the
workshop for later watching?

greets
--
Christian Gmeiner, MSc

https://soundcloud.com/christian-gmeiner

* Re: Workshop on Real-Time Scheduling in the Linux Kernel (RTS-LIKE) [was SCHED_DEADLINE hands-on workshop]
@ 2014-06-30  8:16     ` Juri Lelli
From: Juri Lelli @ 2014-06-30  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Gmeiner; +Cc: linux-rt-users

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 08:30:45 +0200
Christian Gmeiner <christian.gmeiner@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> > On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 09:55:03 +0200
> > Juri Lelli <juri.lelli@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>    Workshop on Real-Time Scheduling in the Linux Kernel (RTS-LIKE)
> >>                          June 26-27, 2014
> >>                     Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
> >>                            Pisa, Italy
> >>
> >>          ***** Registration deadline June 19, 2014 *****

> >>   Web site: http://retis.sssup.it/rts-like/
>
> Nice! Will the streamed talks be available on YouTube after the
> workshop for later watching?

Yes. They are on YouTube. Links on the workshop program page:
http://retis.sssup.it/rts-like/program.html

Thanks,

- Juri