* Missing FDT description in DTB
@ 2019-12-06  9:03 Tomek Domek
From: Tomek Domek @ 2019-12-06  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi
I have FSBL and SSBL. SPL uboot starts successfully and u-boot.img is
loaded successfully but it hangs on 'boot_from_devices' function and
'fit_find_config_node':

fit_find_config_node: Missing FDT description in DTB
No matching DT out of these options:
Firmware image with one or more FDT blobs
boot_from_devices error
SPL: failed to boot from all boot devices

I have suspicion that I wrongly create u-boot.img. My system build do this
by executing:

./tools/mkimage -f auto -A arm -T firmware -C none -O u-boot -a 0x100000 -e
0 -n "someName" -E  -d u-boot-no-dtb.bin u-boot.img  >/dev/null
The same issue occurs when I use u-boot-dtb.bin version.
The value 0x100000 is the value stored in CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE.

 And this uboot and spl is somekind of experimental software which is in
the middle of creation. Could anyone try to guide what might be possible
the reason of the issue as I am a bit new in u-boot development?

BR
Tomek

* Re: Missing FDT description in DTB
@ 2019-12-06 11:16 ` Tomek Domek
From: Tomek Domek @ 2019-12-06 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

OK I found on my own.
The proper mkimage command is:
./tools/mkimage -A arm -T firmware -C none -O u-boot -a 0x100000 -e 0 -n
"someName" -d u-boot-dtb.bin u-boot.img
without '-f auto and -E'

@ 2019-12-06 11:26 ` Valdis Klētnieks
From: Valdis Klētnieks @ 2019-12-06 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomek Domek; +Cc: kernelnewbies

On Fri, 06 Dec 2019 10:03:34 +0100, Tomek Domek said:

>  And this uboot and spl is somekind of experimental software which is in
> the middle of creation. Could anyone try to guide what might be possible
> the reason of the issue as I am a bit new in u-boot development?

Is there a reason why you're using an experimental uboot/spl rather than
a known-stable working version for whatever hardware this is?

(Of course, if this is bring-up of a new architecture that has never been
supported by uboot, so there's never been a  working uboot for the device, it's
time to quote the movie Animal House: "My advice to you is to start drinking
heavily")

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 832 bytes --]

* Re: Missing FDT description in DTB
@ 2019-12-06 12:37   ` Tomek Domek
From: Tomek Domek @ 2019-12-06 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valdis Klētnieks; +Cc: kernelnewbies