* Fedora COPR repositories with builds of latest code
@ 2017-05-24 14:22 Petr Lautrbach
From: Petr Lautrbach @ 2017-05-24 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SELinux, Selinux on Fedora discussion

For the motivation see
https://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=149435307518336&w=2

I've restarted building of Fedora packages based on latest SELinux
userspace code in Fedora COPR. Packages are built using the
https://gitlab.com/bachradsusi/selinux-rpm project.

There is a new selinux.spec [1] file which allows to build all Fedora
packages from one src.rpm and Makefile which makes the process simple.

Currently there are two COPR projects:

* https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/plautrba/selinux-fedora/

This is built with Python3 support based on Fedora patches which are
rebased against latest upstream code.

* https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/plautrba/selinux-SELinuxProject/

This is based on pure upstream sources and without Python 3.

Currently I run copr builds manually but the plan is to make it fully
automated.

Let me know if you find it useful or if you have ideas, comments and so on.

[1] https://gitlab.com/bachradsusi/selinux-rpm/blob/master/selinux.spec

Thanks,

Petr

* Re: Fedora COPR repositories with builds of latest code
@ 2017-05-24 14:33 ` Dominick Grift
From: Dominick Grift @ 2017-05-24 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SELinux

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 04:22:08PM +0200, Petr Lautrbach wrote:
> For the motivation see
> https://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=149435307518336&w=2

Thanks! I enabled the one with Fedora patches because i need python3 support for setools4

This should allow me to enable extended_socket_class functionality and test it.

I hope this repository will be maintained consistently so that it can be useful

--
Key fingerprint = 5F4D 3CDB D3F8 3652 FBD8  02D5 3B6C 5F1D 2C7B 6B02
https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3B6C5F1D2C7B6B02

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Fedora COPR repositories with builds of latest code
@ 2017-05-24 14:43 ` Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 2017-05-24 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petr Lautrbach; +Cc: SELinux, Selinux on Fedora discussion

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Petr Lautrbach <plautrba@redhat.com> wrote:
> For the motivation see
> https://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=149435307518336&w=2
>
> I've restarted building of Fedora packages based on latest SELinux userspace
> code in Fedora COPR. Packages are built using the
> https://gitlab.com/bachradsusi/selinux-rpm project.
>
> There is a new selinux.spec [1] file which allows to build all Fedora
> packages from one src.rpm and Makefile which makes the process simple.
>
> Currently there are two COPR projects:
>
> * https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/plautrba/selinux-fedora/
>
> This is built with Python3 support based on Fedora patches which are rebased
> against latest upstream code.

Thanks Petr!

FWIW, I've been using the plautrba/selinux-fedora COPR on my test
system for the past ~week and it has been working well.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com

* Re: Fedora COPR repositories with builds of latest code
@ 2017-05-24 14:53   ` Dominick Grift
From: Dominick Grift @ 2017-05-24 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SELinux

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 04:33:16PM +0200, Dominick Grift wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 04:22:08PM +0200, Petr Lautrbach wrote:
> > For the motivation see
> > https://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=149435307518336&w=2
>
> Thanks! I enabled the one with Fedora patches because i need python3 support for setools4
>
> This should allow me to enable extended_socket_class functionality and test it.
>
> I hope this repository will be maintained consistently so that it can be useful

I just enabled the extended_socket_class capability and in seinfo --polcap -x it currently shows up as "redhat1":

# seinfo --polcap -x

Polcap: 3
   policycap network_peer_controls;
   policycap open_perms;
   policycap redhat1;

I know the redhat1 polcap is re-used but not sure if this expected to return like that...

--

@ 2017-05-24 20:40     ` Stephen Smalley
From: Stephen Smalley @ 2017-05-24 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominick Grift, SELinux

On Wed, 2017-05-24 at 16:53 +0200, Dominick Grift wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 04:33:16PM +0200, Dominick Grift wrote:
> > On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 04:22:08PM +0200, Petr Lautrbach wrote:
> > > For the motivation see
> > > https://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=149435307518336&w=2
> >
> > Thanks! I enabled the one with Fedora patches because i need
> > python3 support for setools4
> >
> > This should allow me to enable extended_socket_class functionality
> > and test it.
> >
> > I hope this repository will be maintained consistently so that it
> > can be useful
>
> I just enabled the extended_socket_class capability and in seinfo --
> polcap -x it currently shows up as "redhat1":
>
> # seinfo --polcap -x
>
> Polcap: 3
>    policycap network_peer_controls;
>    policycap open_perms;
>    policycap redhat1;
>
> I know the redhat1 polcap is re-used but not sure if this expected to
> return like that...

Maybe setools4 hasn't been rebuilt to use the updated libsepol, or has
its own internal table of the policy capability string names?

@ 2017-05-25  5:44       ` Dominick Grift
From: Dominick Grift @ 2017-05-25  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SELinux

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 04:40:55PM -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-05-24 at 16:53 +0200, Dominick Grift wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks! I enabled the one with Fedora patches because i need
> > > python3 support for setools4
> > >
> > > This should allow me to enable extended_socket_class functionality
> > > and test it.
> > >
> > > I hope this repository will be maintained consistently so that it
> > > can be useful
> >
> > I just enabled the extended_socket_class capability and in seinfo --
> > polcap -x it currently shows up as "redhat1":
> >
> > # seinfo --polcap -x
> >
> > Polcap: 3
> >    policycap network_peer_controls;
> >    policycap open_perms;
> >    policycap redhat1;
> >
> > I know the redhat1 polcap is re-used but not sure if this expected to
> > return like that...
>
> Maybe setools4 hasn't been rebuilt to use the updated libsepol, or has
> its own internal table of the policy capability string names?

thanks , yes thats the case (former)

--

@ 2017-05-25  9:40         ` Petr Lautrbach
From: Petr Lautrbach @ 2017-05-25  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SELinux

On 05/25/2017 07:44 AM, Dominick Grift wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 04:40:55PM -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:

>>> I just enabled the extended_socket_class capability and in seinfo --
>>> polcap -x it currently shows up as "redhat1":
>>>
>>> # seinfo --polcap -x
>>>
>>> Polcap: 3
>>>     policycap network_peer_controls;
>>>     policycap open_perms;
>>>     policycap redhat1;
>>>
>>> I know the redhat1 polcap is re-used but not sure if this expected to
>>> return like that...
>>
>> Maybe setools4 hasn't been rebuilt to use the updated libsepol, or has
>> its own internal table of the policy capability string names?
>
> thanks , yes thats the case (former)

I will update scripts to rebuild setools together with selinux sources
and provide setools builds in copr repos

@ 2017-05-25 10:07           ` Dominick Grift
From: Dominick Grift @ 2017-05-25 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux