* [GIT PULL] SELinux patches for v4.14
@ 2017-09-12 17:33 ` Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 2017-09-12 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: James Morris, selinux, linux-security-module, linux-kernel

As discussed on the linux-security pull request thread, this is the
direct SELinux pull request; the content/tag is the same as what I
sent to James/linux-security earlier:

"A relatively quiet period for SELinux, 11 patches with only two/three
 having any substantive changes.  These noteworthy changes include
 another tweak to the NNP/nosuid handling, per-file labeling for
 cgroups, and an object class fix for AF_UNIX/SOCK_RAW sockets; the
 rest of the changes are minor tweaks or administrative updates
 (Stephen's email update explains the file explosion in the diffstat).
 Everything passes the selinux-testsuite and merged cleanly on top of
 the linux-security/next branch from earlier today."

---
The following changes since commit 31368ce83c59a5422ee621a38aeea98142d0ecf7:

 tomoyo: Update URLs in Documentation/admin-guide/LSM/tomoyo.rst
  (2017-07-25 11:00:26 +1000)

are available in the git repository at:

 git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pcmoore/selinux.git
  tags/selinux-pr-20170831

for you to fetch changes up to 0c3014f22dec0e1d14c8298551bfb6434638bdd9:

 selinux: constify nf_hook_ops (2017-08-28 17:33:19 -0400)

selinux/stable-4.14 PR 20170831

Antonio Murdaca (1):
     selinux: allow per-file labeling for cgroupfs

Arvind Yadav (1):
     selinux: constify nf_hook_ops

Luis Ressel (1):
     selinux: Assign proper class to PF_UNIX/SOCK_RAW sockets

Michal Hocko (1):
     selinux: use GFP_NOWAIT in the AVC kmem_caches

Paul Moore (3):
     credits: update Paul Moore's info
     selinux: update the selinux info in MAINTAINERS
     MAINTAINERS: update the NetLabel and Labeled Networking information

Stephen Smalley (4):
     selinux: genheaders should fail if too many permissions are defined
     selinux: Generalize support for NNP/nosuid SELinux domain transitions
     selinux: update my email address
     lsm_audit: update my email address

CREDITS                                 |  8 ++---
MAINTAINERS                             | 29 ++++++++++-------
include/linux/lsm_audit.h               |  2 +-
scripts/selinux/genheaders/genheaders.c |  7 ++++-
security/lsm_audit.c                    |  2 +-
security/selinux/avc.c                  | 16 +++++-----
security/selinux/hooks.c                | 56 ++++++++++++++++++++---------
security/selinux/include/avc.h          |  2 +-
security/selinux/include/avc_ss.h       |  2 +-
security/selinux/include/classmap.h     |  2 ++
security/selinux/include/objsec.h       |  2 +-
security/selinux/include/security.h     |  4 ++-
security/selinux/ss/avtab.c             |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/avtab.h             |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/constraint.h        |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/context.h           |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/ebitmap.c           |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/ebitmap.h           |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/hashtab.c           |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/hashtab.h           |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/mls.c               |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/mls.h               |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/mls_types.h         |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/policydb.c          |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/policydb.h          |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/services.c          |  9 ++++--
security/selinux/ss/services.h          |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/sidtab.c            |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/sidtab.h            |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/symtab.c            |  2 +-
security/selinux/ss/symtab.h            |  2 +-

paul moore
www.paul-moore.com

* [GIT PULL] SELinux patches for v4.14
@ 2017-09-12 17:33 ` Paul Moore

* Re: [GIT PULL] SELinux patches for v4.14
@ 2017-09-12 20:24   ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2017-09-12 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Paul Moore <paul@paul-moore.com> wrote:
> As discussed on the linux-security pull request thread, this is the
> direct SELinux pull request; the content/tag is the same as what I
> sent to James/linux-security earlier:

The contents may be the same, but the base is different.

In particular, you based it on the security tree that already had a
few other patches, so now that branch contains not just selinux work,
but also a couple of tomoyo patches that came in that way.

Anyway, I pulled this simply because it was easier to review and
didn't have anything I disliked per se, but if we're going to actually
keep the different securlty layers separate, they need to also have
clean bases for the work in the future.

Anyway, I'm at the airport on my way back home, and hopefully I'll be
back to normal tomorrow after a good night's sleep, and I can take a
look at the rest.

                Linus

From: Linus Torvalds @ 2017-09-12 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-security-module

@ 2017-09-12 22:00     ` Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 2017-09-12 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Paul Moore <paul@paul-moore.com> wrote:
>> As discussed on the linux-security pull request thread, this is the
>> direct SELinux pull request; the content/tag is the same as what I
>> sent to James/linux-security earlier:
>
> The contents may be the same, but the base is different.
>
> In particular, you based it on the security tree that already had a
> few other patches, so now that branch contains not just selinux work,
> but also a couple of tomoyo patches that came in that way.
>
> Anyway, I pulled this simply because it was easier to review and
> didn't have anything I disliked per se, but if we're going to actually
> keep the different securlty layers separate, they need to also have
> clean bases for the work in the future.
>
> Anyway, I'm at the airport on my way back home, and hopefully I'll be
> back to normal tomorrow after a good night's sleep, and I can take a
> look at the rest.

Oof, sorry about the base mixup; I'll change the SELinux tree base
moving forward so this shouldn't happen again.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com

From: Paul Moore @ 2017-09-12 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-security-module

@ 2017-09-01  2:22   ` James Morris
From: James Morris @ 2017-09-01  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Moore; +Cc: selinux, linux-security-module

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017, Paul Moore wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> A relatively quiet period for SELinux, 11 patches with only two/three
> having any substantive changes.  These noteworthy changes include
> another tweak to the NNP/nosuid handling, per-file labeling for
> cgroups, and an object class fix for AF_UNIX/SOCK_RAW sockets; the
> rest of the changes are minor tweaks or administrative updates
> (Stephen's email update explains the file explosion in the diffstat).
> Everything passes the selinux-testsuite and merged cleanly on top of
> the linux-security/next branch from earlier today.
>
> Please apply.

Merged, thanks.

--
James Morris
<jmorris@namei.org>

From: James Morris @ 2017-09-01  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-security-module

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017, Paul Moore wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> A relatively quiet period for SELinux, 11 patches with only two/three
> having any substantive changes.  These noteworthy changes include
> another tweak to the NNP/nosuid handling, per-file labeling for
> cgroups, and an object class fix for AF_UNIX/SOCK_RAW sockets; the
> rest of the changes are minor tweaks or administrative updates
> (Stephen's email update explains the file explosion in the diffstat).
> Everything passes the selinux-testsuite and merged cleanly on top of
> the linux-security/next branch from earlier today.
>
> Please apply.

Merged, thanks.

--
James Morris