* GPIO matrix and button with single edge IRQ
@ 2012-01-04 12:54 Marc-André Hébert
From: Marc-André Hébert @ 2012-01-04 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hello,

We are developing an i.MX283 custom board. We have a small keypad
matrix and some gpio buttons. After setting up the necessary platform
data, I realized when debugging that it couldn't work because the GPIO
controller does not support dual edge triggers like requested in both
the matrix_keypad and gpio_keys drivers. For gpio_keys there's always
gpio_keys_polled that could be used quickly but that's not quite what
I would need (more like a mix of the 2). For matrix_keypad I don't see
anything that can be used quickly.

Before starting to customize each driver to support single edge IRQs,
I was wondering if this had been encountered on other platforms and if
someone was aware of patches for this.

Thanks
Marc-Andre Hebert

* GPIO matrix and button with single edge IRQ
@ 2012-01-04 17:49 ` Jamie Iles
From: Jamie Iles @ 2012-01-04 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi Marc,

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 07:54:06AM -0500, Marc-Andr? H?bert wrote:
> We are developing an i.MX283 custom board. We have a small keypad
> matrix and some gpio buttons. After setting up the necessary platform
> data, I realized when debugging that it couldn't work because the GPIO
> controller does not support dual edge triggers like requested in both

Does the GPIO controller support both edge types but not at the same
time?  LinusW pointed out to me that a couple of other controllers have
this restriction but you can work around it in the controller driver:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg152526.html

Jamie