* [LSF/MM TOPIC][ATTEND] a few topics I'd like to discuss
@ 2013-02-17  6:44 KOSAKI Motohiro
From: KOSAKI Motohiro @ 2013-02-17  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lsf-pc, linux-mm

Sorry for the delay.

I would like to discuss the following topics:

* Hugepage migration – Currently, hugepage is not migratable and can’t
use pages in ZONE_MOVABLE.  It is not happy from point of CMA/hotplug
view.

* Remove ZONE_MOVABLE –Very long term goal. Maybe not suitable in this year.

* Mempolicy rebinding rework – current mempolicy rebinding has a lot
of limitations.

  - no rebinding when hotplug

  - no rebinding when using shm memplicy

  - broken argument check when MPOL_DEFAULT

* Rework shared mempolicy – shared mempolicy don’t work correctly when
attached from multiple processes. However shmem exist for inter
process  communication.