* FSL CAAM for imx6
@ 2015-03-18  1:00 George Joseph
From: George Joseph @ 2015-03-18  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-crypto; +Cc: Cristian Stoica, Catalin Vasile, Alex Porosanu

Freescale has a 3.10 implementation of CAAM for imx6 that was never
mainlined or ported forward.  I've ported it into 3.18
drivers/crypto/caam and although it still needs a lot of cleanup, it
works well with openssl via cryptodev or af_alg.  Freescale pushed a
lot of changes to 3.19 caam though and merging the imx6 stuff was a
lot more work and not entirely reliable.

So..questions...
Anyone know why the imx6 version wasn't mainlined?
Is anyone working on it?
If I work on it, is it better to continue to merge the imx6 into the
original mips (i think) version or create a separate caam-imx?  The
former would make it easier to make common changes, the latter would
make it easier to test since you wouldn't need to have both platforms
available to test.  I'm also not sure exactly how compatible the imx6
and mips soc implementations really are so that might be another
reason to separate them.

Thoughts?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-03-18  1:00 UTC | newest]