* Broadcast on wireguard
@ 2018-04-18  9:40 Christophe-Marie Duquesne
From: Christophe-Marie Duquesne @ 2018-04-18  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi list,

Maybe the answer is obvious to some of you, but I don't quite
understand why wireguard does not support broadcasting, and I found no
clear explanation in the archive. In fact, this [1] seems to indicate
that implementing it would be doable, so I am wondering why this has
not been done.

Could anyone explain - roughly - why this is the case? Is it for
security reasons? Performance? Complexity of implementation? Lack of
interest?

Another possibility could be that my question is just poorly asked or
irrelevant, in that case I would also appreciate a hint :-)

Best,
Christophe-Marie

[1]: https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/wireguard/2016-December/000813.html

* Re: Broadcast on wireguard
@ 2018-04-19 17:28 ` Baptiste Jonglez
From: Baptiste Jonglez @ 2018-04-19 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

On 18-04-18, Christophe-Marie Duquesne wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Maybe the answer is obvious to some of you, but I don't quite
> understand why wireguard does not support broadcasting, and I found no
> clear explanation in the archive. In fact, this [1] seems to indicate
> that implementing it would be doable, so I am wondering why this has
> not been done.

This has been further discussed here:

  https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/wireguard/2017-April/001177.html

As far as I remember, there was no major blocking point, it was more about
making a design/UI decision.

> Could anyone explain - roughly - why this is the case? Is it for
> security reasons? Performance? Complexity of implementation? Lack of
> interest?
>
> Another possibility could be that my question is just poorly asked or
> irrelevant, in that case I would also appreciate a hint :-)
>
> Best,
> Christophe-Marie
>
> [1]: https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/wireguard/2016-December/000813.html

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]